PDA

View Full Version : Autron EGT / Boost gauge

Hodge
15th October 2013, 08:50 PM
My pillar has arrived, but gauges I've been waiting on forever haven't so I'm just gonna splash out on the Autron.
For those of you with the Autron gauge...
I need to ask is, what else do I need to buy along with this ? Or is it just about a complete kit?
Looking at getting this.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Autron-LCD-EGT-and-Boost-Gauge-Satin-Chrome-Bezel-/360740194798?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53fdca89ee&_uhb=1

Reading that, as far as I understand it taps into the MAP sensor on the intercooler. Correct?
Or if not, will I need this quick-fit unit as well ??
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Quick-Fit-Boost-Gauge-Adapter-Nissan-Patrol-ZD30-and-CRD-/231072593965?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35ccfff82d&_uhb=1

I though I'd ask you guys, if I'm missing anything else, as I want this fitted ASAP to sort out my NADS. My dump pipe already has the bung there to tap into.

Thanks ahead!

Hodge
16th October 2013, 08:53 AM
Gauge ordered. Should be here by Friday I hope.

Lemo79
16th October 2013, 03:38 PM
Hey Hodge, you won't regret the Autron, I love ours. You will need the quick-fit as well, or like I have done put a brass barb in the IC pipe. If you haven't already got a spot for the egt probe, which you won't if you have standard exhaust you will need either the hose clamp system or weld the bung in that comes with the probe. I also bought the extra temp sensor to use the third function on the guage, but you can add that at any time. Have a look at my thread, I just added some pics the other day.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?22475-Lemo-s-Black-GU-IV

Lemo.

MEGOMONSTER
16th October 2013, 04:08 PM
I purchased the light controller also with my order.

Lemo79
16th October 2013, 04:40 PM
I purchased the light controller also with my order.

Yes, I find I have to have the lights dimmed all the way so it's not to bright, then the dash lights are a bit to low. I am going to experiment with a few resistor values to dim it a bit further, then I can continue to use the factory dimmer.

MEGOMONSTER
16th October 2013, 05:08 PM
Yes, I find I have to have the lights dimmed all the way so it's not to bright, then the dash lights are a bit to low. I am going to experiment with a few resistor values to dim it a bit further, then I can continue to use the factory dimmer.

With the controller, I don't have this problem.
I also go white dial during the day, and orange at night to match the dash lights.

Lemo79
16th October 2013, 05:58 PM
With the controller, I don't have this problem.
I also go white dial during the day, and orange at night to match the dash lights.
Does the light controller change the colours automatically when you turn your lights on?

Hodge
16th October 2013, 06:30 PM
Thanks a lot for your input Lemo and mego. Ordered the quickfit gauge now too. Can't wait for everything to arrive so I can bolt it in, and then fit the NADS.

MEGOMONSTER
16th October 2013, 08:17 PM
Does the light controller change the colours automatically when you turn your lights on?

Yes it's programmed that way, for two light settings

Lemo79
16th October 2013, 09:22 PM
Yes it's programmed that way, for two light settings

Sounds great, that might be the option for me, thanks for the info.

Lemo.

BillsGU
17th October 2013, 10:13 AM
They come with everything you need (except some way to tap into the IC). I have an after market IC and it already has a threaded bung to scew a nipple for the boost hose onto. I would suggest the welded option for the EGT probe. Took mine to a exhaust place and it took him 10 minutes and $50 and he welded on the bit that comes with the probe.