PDA

View Full Version : Draws for y61 2001

BOB LEAR
12th October 2013, 10:33 PM
Howdy looking at getting some draws for my wagon , don't want to fill the back with them ,maybe side by side low profile enough room for recovery gear and some tools . Also would be putting fridge slide in ,the type that drops down when pulled out .Sorry haven't posted any photos yet but I will after I give her a wash . Any info would be great

threedogs
13th October 2013, 07:51 AM
You could put two or more drawers on top of each other on one side with a fold up table.
That leaves the other side for your fridge, allow space for fridge to breathe, and also have shelf on top of fridge.
Check in search as a few different builds lately 12mm marine ply minimum

BOB LEAR
14th October 2013, 04:43 PM
cause I live in sunny Karratha only have access to 2 4x4 store ARB & TJM liked the ARB options and there drop down fridge slide probably go with them

FNQGU
16th October 2013, 07:15 AM
Drop down slides are very expensive but a folding plastic step is cheap as chips. I have the standard twin draw system with a fridge on top, but could not bring myself to pay that sort of coin for the small inconvenience. Not saying you shouldn't, whatever works best for you is what it is all about at the end of the day, but that money would buy you a stainless water tank, which is IMHO slightly more valuable. Everything is relevant though, and also a compromise...

Re the drawers themselves, both Outback Solutions and Black Widow are very well made and proven products. You may get some argue that BW is better or Outback is better, but there is bugger all difference as far as usability goes. The other one to look at is ORS I reckon. They also do the drawers in Aluminium to save weight. I just didn't like their locking latch, which is a very minor point. The big plus with them is that the drawers come all the way out, and they build a stainless water tank to fit neatly behind the drawers. Very good idea I think and in some ways, I wish I had given them a closer look.