PDA

View Full Version : GU8 Info

Tonyg1969
12th October 2013, 10:10 PM
Hey There,
Thanks in advance for reading this, what a great place to find real info on whatever issue or inquiry someone might have. This is my first post on any forum so please be patient.

I have a 2012 GU8 3.0lt still completely factory spec. and so far so good, just had 20k service done and nothing was said to me re. the issue with the recall regarding the fuel gauges not reading full when in fact they are, I have noticed this with mine and will contact my local nissan service centre on Monday (Cleveland Nissan).What I would like to know is, will they fix it and was it an official recall.

I am not the original owner and have been over every inch of the beast and can not fault it, very happy with it and getting great economy compared to the R50 Pathfinder we had previously. any where from 19 to 29lts/100kms. I am getting between 10.5 to 11.5lts/100kms combined that includes towing boat to local ramp about 30kms round trip and towing trailer to dump etc. Haven't towed the camper trailer yet but expecting economy to rise and interested to see what eventuates, well over 1 tonne.

Thanks Tony

Woof
12th October 2013, 10:18 PM
Mate please post up an introduction so we can welcome you

jack
13th October 2013, 01:08 AM
Hi Tony,
The fuel gauge issue wasn't an official factory recall, just let them know and they will replace it. Even though you're not the original owner you will still be notified of any official recalls. The notices addresses are supplied by NEVDIS Austroads not the dealer, check this site as there maybe one on the way http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/952883
Cheers