PDA

View Full Version : Proud Father

Sullyman
10th October 2013, 11:30 PM
My 2001 Patrol's 3.0L turbo diesel just gave birth to a bouncing baby piston this past Sunday!
Were so proud. %$^$&$$&!!!!! The Australian scenery is even lovelier when your being run off the road at 120K!!
Can anyone tell me if a 2005 same type engine will fit to replace it?
I understand the "FLAW" is well known (to everyone but me) and was corrected with the 2005 3.0L turbo Diesel engine.

Also, where can I buy a new or recon. long motor?

Cigars for everyone!

&%$&^$%#%&%$^$

Woof
10th October 2013, 11:44 PM
Was just going to congratulate you mate, but that sucks

my third 256
11th October 2013, 08:36 AM
helps to know what part of australia you live in so we can advise of a place to purchace
also you could try wreckers and ebay

healy
11th October 2013, 09:16 AM
Yeah where are you from? I have a rebuilt 3ltr from a 01 in the garge comes with absolutely everything minus intercooler its done 2500ks since rebuild has paperwork engine done 255000 ks in total

Sullyman
13th January 2014, 11:02 AM
Sorry, been gone a while. We live in Alice. Can't afford a nee Ute so I have to put a new engine in the 2001 Patrol. I was wondering if a 2005 engine would would be able to be put in instead?

MudRunnerTD
13th January 2014, 11:34 AM
Sorry, been gone a while. We live in Alice. Can't afford a nee Ute so I have to put a new engine in the 2001 Patrol. I was wondering if a 2005 engine would would be able to be put in instead?

Yes i would think so, there may be some complications with the wiring loom though but i am guessing. Post the question in the Auto Elec section and you might get a good answer.

Depending on the price the Engine Healy has would be a pretty good alternative though mate, would bolt straight in. Healy bought his car and it Blew Up on the way Home!! Very Unlucky and the guy did a runner. Healy had Engine Rebuilt as he had no choice. The forum did a big Pimp my Ride on his car but then it was discovered that the Chassis was fully Rusted through in the back half and he had to Write the car off for safety reasons and parked it up. The 2,500kms are legit and the car has now been parked for maybe 6 months.

Winnie
13th January 2014, 11:45 AM
Yes i would think so, there may be some complications with the wiring loom though but i am guessing. Post the question in the Auto Elec section and you might get a good answer.

Depending on the price the Engine Healy has would be a pretty good alternative though mate, would bolt straight in. Healy bought his car and it Blew Up on the way Home!! Very Unlucky and the guy did a runner. Healy had Engine Rebuilt as he had no choice. The forum did a big Pimp my Ride on his car but then it was discovered that the Chassis was fully Rusted through in the back half and he had to Write the car off for safety reasons and parked it up. The 2,500kms are legit and the car has now been parked for maybe 6 months.

There is not much of that GU left now. Couple of doors and the motor, I saw it yesterday when I picked up that long range tank from Healy.

threedogs
13th January 2014, 01:21 PM
Yeah not good news at all, My 04 seems ok at 200,000 I'm sure the weaker ones were the 2000-2003 models.
Mudski's 01 still going strong

Rumcajs
14th January 2014, 08:17 PM
2005 engine has/suffers same piston flaw syndrome. Nissan fix was just a bandaid solution.
To get it (05 engine) working in yours you also need a harness and ECU as there were some changes in electrical systems including injection pump (Zexel vs Bosch).
How many kays has yours done when it expired?
Cheers