PDA

View Full Version : 2" lift need need new brake lines?

Covo71
10th October 2013, 08:07 AM
Hi guys, I know probably a no brainer for some but I am going to go down the road of doing the suspension myself. Only a 2" inch lift. Will I need to get extended brake lines if it is 2" inch lift? I have been told in previous post I won't need correction castors so all I need is the shocks and springs right? I have been looking at EFS but haven't got a price but would it be better to chip in the extra $$$ for OME or is there a better alternative?
I am not looking to do anything too hard core. Help appreciated.

megatexture
10th October 2013, 08:19 AM
It might be an idea if you went flexi coils with longer shocks but if its just a standard 2" lift you don't need to extend the lines.

Covo71
10th October 2013, 09:08 AM
What is the difference between flexi and normal coils? Pros and cons?

93patrol
10th October 2013, 09:25 AM
flexi coils will give you longer travel downwards but would need say 4in shocks to go with them and you would need longer brakelines and diff breather hoses, 2in lift is just that will give you a bit more up travel but similar down travel and won't require either to be extended.

this is my understanding of the difference

threedogs
10th October 2013, 09:26 AM
3" flexi will look like 2" lift but flex as a 3" job

megatexture
10th October 2013, 09:34 AM
A 2" will ride at 2" but will flex like a 4" providing you have longer shocks to suit, with a standard 2" and using longer shocks the coils can drop out.

http://www.suspensionstuff.com.au/shop/product_info.php?cPath=1980_137_40_68&products_id=1085

When I kill my shocks and coils ill be going down this path and extending my shock mounts also

Covo71
10th October 2013, 09:38 PM
Thanks Megatexture, link was good. Very useful. Cheers