PDA

View Full Version : superior coil brace

89gqpatrol4x4
9th October 2013, 04:52 PM
Hi, this might sound like a silly question but will a superior engineering coil brace for a ute fit a non body lifted gq patrol? One bloke there over the phone said no as the body dips down between the towers but when I had a look it appeared it would fit. I am thinking this way as the car is 24 years old and may need new body mounts so I could change them and while loose lift the body to get the brace in, also they said the brace to suit non body lifted wagons may interfear with long range tanks. I don't have one at the moment but may down the track and don't want to run into other problems. Thoughts much appreciated.

my third 256
9th October 2013, 06:23 PM
use the advanced search box /topright you will find lots of info

89gqpatrol4x4
9th October 2013, 09:02 PM
use the advanced search box /topright you will find lots of info

had a look mate that's why the question was asked.

Clunk
9th October 2013, 09:23 PM
Parksy put a bolt on kit on his GQ recently, can't remember if he had a long range tank though....... As far as putting a brace for a ute on a wagon, I don't know but I would have thought the person you spoke to knows their product. There may not be enough room between the coil housing and the body for the brace and bolts.

BigRAWesty
9th October 2013, 09:27 PM
I know mudrunner fitted a plate style brace to his bus not to long ago. was a flat plate from one side to the other. He has a body lift so not sure if he got the Ute brace but it fit due to the lift??
ill try find a link.

nissannewby
9th October 2013, 09:36 PM
I think clearance would be a little tight with the fuel lines, as you know you have to bend the lines a little to clear the brace.

Do superior note which long range tanks may interfere with it? It could just need a little spacing when fitting the tank.

Has the price of the other style swayed you towards this style?

BigRAWesty
9th October 2013, 09:37 PM
here we are.. jeeze it took finding finding... lol
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?276-MudRunnerTD-s-GQ-From-the-Ground-Up&p=374372&viewfull=1#post374372

MudRunnerTD
9th October 2013, 09:44 PM
Yeah I'd be thinking the more expensive Bolt In kit mate would be your choice. As Newby stated the fuel lines would be very very tight and likely not fit.

Someone has just done a pictorial of the fit up of the boltin kit, was that Parksy? As stated by Clunk.

Clunk
9th October 2013, 10:07 PM
Here's Parksy thread http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=23010

Parksy
10th October 2013, 07:19 AM
I have heard of people installing the beam style brace in un-body lifted wagons. I think there's a thread on the 'other' patrol forum about it. I can't remember the specifics of it though.

Not running a long range fuel tank so I don't have any clearance issues running the brace. I think mudrunner said something about clearance issues with removing and installing shocks with regards to the beam style brace.

89gqpatrol4x4
10th October 2013, 06:48 PM
I think clearance would be a little tight with the fuel lines, as you know you have to bend the lines a little to clear the brace.

Do superior note which long range tanks may interfere with it? It could just need a little spacing when fitting the tank.

Has the price of the other style swayed you towards this style?
yeah mate the price is the main concern but also on their website it says it may not suit long ranger fuel tanks and can inter fear with some exhaust systems. My thinking was that at 24 years old it may be a good idea to put new body mounts in anyway so if doing this I was able to put the ute brace in then great!

89gqpatrol4x4
10th October 2013, 07:50 PM
I have heard of people installing the beam style brace in un-body lifted wagons. I think there's a thread on the 'other' patrol forum about it. I can't remember the specifics of it though.

Not running a long range fuel tank so I don't have any clearance issues running the brace. I think mudrunner said something about clearance issues with removing and installing shocks with regards to the beam style brace.

Thanks for the response, I will have a look.