2" lift
Twin spare tyre carrier
Roof rack
Front and rear air lockers
On board compressor
Cb
Rear draws
3" exhaust

Above is the mods I've got, no spare parts or tools decided on yet, also considering egt & boost gauge and turbo timer.

Any suggestions or advice appreciated

MudRunnerTD
8th October 2013, 08:52 PM
Nice list, when do we leave mate? Your ready to go. Gauges and your done

nissannewby
8th October 2013, 09:03 PM
Maybe a few extra straps, winch extension, equalizer, snatch block, hi lift and maybe even throw some maxtraxx in.

boots
8th October 2013, 09:23 PM
Do you have a catch can fitted yet mate . Another great mod to do as well . provent 200 are the ducks guts .

Warwick89
8th October 2013, 09:39 PM
Do you have a catch can fitted yet mate . Another great mod to do as well . provent 200 are the ducks guts .

No I don't I've read a bit about them tonight but don't quite get what they do

Warwick89
8th October 2013, 09:39 PM
Just waiting on everything to be added then I get the keys

Warwick89
12th October 2013, 09:43 PM
Does anyone have an pics of boost & egt gauges with recommendations,

#1 accuracy
#2 looks

Cheers

threedogs
13th October 2013, 08:23 AM
This is my pillar pod and gauges , gauges are your choice
This catch can prevents oil fumes from fouling your MAF sensor and throwing up error codes
EGR block also better for your motor too
Sorry not a fan of turbo timers

Warwick89
13th October 2013, 04:41 PM
Has anyone had any experience with cheap options. In particular the accuracy compaired with the expensive ones like autron??

Thanks in advance

macca
13th October 2013, 04:47 PM
This is not a cheap option, but is easy to use and has maximum recall at the push of the button.

6 gauges in a 3 way pod pillar, I now know what's going on at a glance. Better than flying blind as I was before.

Warwick89
13th October 2013, 11:57 PM
That looks good mate, where did you get the pod from?

macca
14th October 2013, 06:11 AM
I have been collecting bits for a few years and some of this was in my last 4B

Autron gauges

http://www.autron.com.au/pages/AI/gauges.php

SPA gauges

https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/s/instruments-gauges

Pillar Pod

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pillar-Pod-3-Gauge-suit-NISSAN-GU-Patrol-PAINTED-Trim-K-Deepest-On-The-Market-/271254507992?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f280751d8

When ordering pod confirm trim code from compliance plate, mine is K.

Warwick89
3rd November 2013, 12:21 AM
Evening everyone,
I got the parts back from arb yesterday now I need to get rid of them for a decent price so I can buy more stuff for the rig.
Problem being I don't know what to charge, I don't want to charge to much but the only money I'll have is from this stuff so I do need a good price, the list is as follows:

1. Nissan winch bullbar
2. Side steps
3. Standard fuel tank
4. Complete stock suspension
5. 3rd row seats
6. Roof console

If anyone could give me a rough idea what someone would pay for these items. Everything is in great condition.

Cheers Warwick

P.s all from a gu7

Drewboyaus
3rd November 2013, 07:13 AM
G'day mate,

1. Nissan winch bullbar - maybe 500
2. Side steps - be lucky to give them away if they're alloy
3. Standard fuel tank - not much more than 200 I would think (most folks pulling them out are putting bigger ones in)
4. Complete stock suspension - as per sidesteps (it is so dreadful, I can't imagine anyone putting stock suspension back in)
5. 3rd row seats - free to good home
6. Roof console - 200 depending on which type and how it's set up

All just my opinion though.....nothing's ever worth what you'd like it to be....

First Patrol
3rd November 2013, 08:30 AM
I'll be keen to see a pic of the roof console mate

threedogs
3rd November 2013, 10:03 AM
X 2 with Drewboy not much value for OE stuff, but there is a guy here with a shite set of side steps he wants to fit,
thinking a set of GU would look better, No idea what area he is in.

Warwick89
3rd November 2013, 10:29 AM
I'll be keen to see a pic of the roof console mate

It's the factory roof console in perfect condition, I've got the photos just need to work out how to put them up

Drewboyaus
3rd November 2013, 11:04 AM
X 2 with Drewboy not much value for OE stuff, but there is a guy here with a shite set of side steps he wants to fit,
thinking a set of GU would look better, No idea what area he is in.

You're right TD, he missed out when I gave mine away......
I had a thread "Free to good home" or something.

Drewboyaus
3rd November 2013, 11:09 AM
It's the factory roof console in perfect condition, I've got the photos just need to work out how to put them up

Sorry mate, I thought the console was one that would hold radios etc.
If it's the factory one, it will also be worth bugger all, if anything.

Warwick89
3rd November 2013, 11:14 AM
Sorry mate, I thought the console was one that would hold radios etc.
If it's the factory one, it will also be worth bugger all, if anything.

Damn Drewboy your full of good news lol. Oh we'll looks like the truck goes without the gauges and catch can

First Patrol
3rd November 2013, 11:16 AM
That's what I was hoping too! Dam it, good luck anyway mate

FNQGU
3rd November 2013, 08:39 PM
I could be wrong, but a certain set of pillar pod gauges may have been seen on this forum a close second to a certain set of black leather seats... not counting though.

Warwick89
11th November 2013, 06:49 PM
Finally got the keys for the patrol, feels great. So after many weeks of dealing with a certain Nissan dealership I'm not goin to hold my breath until I go back :( (northsidenissan).
One problem is I asked them to put in a steel taipan exhaust and got a manta stainless steel one instead! Now that isn't to bad because I like the idea if a stainless one the problem is I paid for a taipan exhaust and ended up with something else! Also now I have to either rip the heatshield off to check and see if it has a pyro bung or wait until tomorrow and call up united fuel injection ( who by the way looks like they did a good job on the exhaust, wonder if they knew I wanted taipan).

Photos to come soon

Warwick89
11th November 2013, 11:07 PM
First night

Clunk
11th November 2013, 11:14 PM
Nice one mate..... Now for some bush pin striping ;):D

Warwick89
11th November 2013, 11:16 PM
Can't wait for the weekend

Warwick89
11th November 2013, 11:17 PM
Nice one mate..... Now for some bush pin striping ;):D

Hahaha plenty of that to come

threedogs
12th November 2013, 07:17 AM
Does the DX come with that overhead console.
would be a handy up grade IMO,
Even the UTE's
nice set up btw

Warwick89
18th November 2013, 08:27 PM
Does the DX come with that overhead console.
would be a handy up grade IMO,
Even the UTE's
nice set up btw

Overhead console? Do you mean the one in the photo on first page?

Warwick89
24th November 2013, 08:00 PM
Hey hugs I need some more advice:

So to cut a long story short I got a flat battery last night after the missus left the keys in the on position for a about and hour, when I popped the hood to give it a jump start I noticed that both batteries have a S#*t tin of stuff connected to them and some of the wiring looks suspect. So not being very electrical minded it would be appreciated if anyone could give me some tips including a good auto elects between perth and mandurah.

Reason for not realisei g about the batteries as most of you know I only got it a short time ago and have been adding stuff to it every second day lol mostly ARB stuff

Thanks in advance Warwick

Warwick89
24th November 2013, 09:44 PM
Also I need to get an electric trailer brake controller in the next couple of days so anyone with any experience with them lets do a little poll.
Format as follows:
6/10 and why
Make and models
Favourite thing and worst feature

Cheers Warwick

P.s I have been reading the other threads but I wanted updated info

BigRAWesty
24th November 2013, 09:52 PM
Hay mate. Nice rig build.
First up the dual battery wire??
What's suspect about it?? If any issues first point of call would be the installers as they will have a warranty.

BigRAWesty
24th November 2013, 09:55 PM
Hay mate. Nice rig build.
First up the dual battery wire??
What's suspect about it?? If any issues first point of call would be the installers as they will have a warranty.

Secondly, the trailer brake setup.
Red arc do a neat controller and is pretty easy to install yourself.
But if your not electricaly savey an auto lecky will install it for you..

Warwick89
24th November 2013, 10:48 PM
Hey Westy some of the wiring looks old, thin and faded with a small amount of electrical tape on it for a connection. The new wiring for the lights, winch, lockers, rust protection, light bar and compressor looks like it was just wired to the nearest battery so the actual start battery has more wired into it than the aux battery, also there is that many wires under there running in every direction I can't even work some of them out.

Warwick89
24th November 2013, 10:51 PM
I read somewhere on here a couple of days ago so done saying something about a brake controller you could unplug and plug into another car, this would be preferable so we could take the camper with the not to be named soft roader.

Warwick89
26th November 2013, 12:26 AM
Sorry guys just a bump because I still can't make my mind up about an electric brake controller. Any advice on which one to go would be appreciated. Running out of time.

Cheers Warwick

megatexture
26th November 2013, 12:52 AM
I've got an old model tekonsha brake controller and its not let me down to date and a mate has just installed one in his hilux and this newer model is removable, you may just have to inquire with them if you can order the base that it clips into separate if so check them out http://www.tekonsha.com/content/default.aspx

my third 256
26th November 2013, 05:38 AM
dont get rid of your seats till you have read this thread
the last couple of enteries about removal of seats (thanks mudski)
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?24731-Cargo-barrier-install-question.

Warwick89
26th November 2013, 10:11 AM
I've got an old model tekonsha brake controller and its not let me down to date and a mate has just installed one in his hilux and this newer model is removable, you may just have to inquire with them if you can order the base that it clips into separate if so check them out http://www.tekonsha.com/content/default.aspx

Cheers mega, I've been looking at the red ark controller and the tekonsha and can't make my mind up whether I want the red ark because of the name or the tekonsha so I can move it between cars an it's cheaper

Warwick89
26th November 2013, 10:47 AM
Any WA guys able to let me know where a good place is to buy and fit a tekonsha controller, between Perth and mandurha????

Warwick89
26th November 2013, 12:11 PM
Ok so I think I'm going to buy it off eBay now and try to fit it myself should be interesting because I've never done this sort of thing before so stay tuned for the stuff ups lol

macca
26th November 2013, 07:30 PM
There is a eBay seller who is an auto elect shop in Bairnsdale Victoria who is good to deal with. The techonsha are great with clever adjustments to tune for your needs, we have them in our work vans. The red arc is in the Nissan as there is nowhere to fit techonsha. The red arc fits in a switch blank in the dash. Good but not a scratch on the techonsha.

Warwick89
26th November 2013, 07:36 PM
There is a eBay seller who is an auto elect shop in Bairnsdale Victoria who is good to deal with. The techonsha are great with clever adjustments to tune for your needs, we have them in our work vans. The red arc is in the Nissan as there is nowhere to fit techonsha. The red arc fits in a switch blank in the dash. Good but not a scratch on the techonsha.

Cheers mate I just bought one from that exact seller but what do you mean there is nowhere to fit the techonsha in a nissan, I just bought it to put in the patrol😳

macca
26th November 2013, 07:56 PM
Couldn't find a spot that my legs would not hit especially in an accident and also to be able to see it. There is not a lot of room in a Ute.
Good to hear you got on to autoelecau.

Warwick89
26th November 2013, 08:14 PM
Cheers mate

Warwick89
3rd December 2013, 09:37 PM
Ok guys I know this is a stupid question but what do you think would be a reasonable axle stand height? Want to grab a set in the morning but haven't got the experience to know what sort of height I'd need for future Maintenance and services

Cheers warwick

Warwick89
5th December 2013, 07:57 PM
Has anyone ever seen a good vid or thread on installing a trailer brake controller (tekonsha p3 preferable), I've looked at the instructions but i know I'm going to struggle lol

Cheers in advance Warwick

MudRunnerTD
5th December 2013, 08:41 PM
Has anyone ever seen a good vid or thread on installing a trailer brake controller (tekonsha p3 preferable), I've looked at the instructions but i know I'm going to struggle lol

Cheers in advance Warwick

YouTube is your friend mate. Also google images will get you all sorts of stuff.

Warwick89
5th December 2013, 10:51 PM
YouTube is your friend mate. Also google images will get you all sorts of stuff.

Hey mare tried YouTube but only found videos with a factory trailer plug already so I didn't really show how to run wires, thanks though

MudRunnerTD
5th December 2013, 11:52 PM
Hey mare tried YouTube but only found videos with a factory trailer plug already so I didn't really show how to run wires, thanks though

Hi mate not sure what comes with your unit in terms of instructions but have a look at the images from Google Image,mt here looks to be plenty there, something might be helpful?

google image search - Tekonsha P3 Wiring Diagram (https://www.google.com.au/search?client=safari&hl=en&biw=1024&bih=644&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=WnygUrevF8bUoATJnIH4Dw&q=tekonsha+p3+wiring+instructions&oq=tekonsha+p3+wiring&gs_l=img.1.1.0l2j0i24l3.102210.105420.0.107428.7.4 .0.3.3.0.272.524.2j1j1.4.0....0...1c.1.32.img..1.6 .345.zuGLC_DYomk#facrc=_)

If you don't get a result there then start a new thread in the Electrical section with a title that represents your question ;)

Warwick89
6th December 2013, 05:18 PM
So I went and got some wire today from superheap, 4mm (1.85mm square) and 15amp. Stopped in at a mates place on the way home and he told me it was to thin to use for the brake controller.
Can anyone shed some light? everything I've read says its fine.

Cheers warwick

MudRunnerTD
6th December 2013, 08:34 PM
This is not my strong suit at all. I'd have thought though 7 core trailer plug wire was what you needed?

As I said though Warwick, start a new thread specifically about wiring a Teksonsha P3 trailer plug and you will get the right answers and your new thread will become a resource in the Search function of the forum.

BigRAWesty
6th December 2013, 09:38 PM
4mm is fine. Most use the 7th wire in the trailer setup (if fitted) and never have issues..

Warwick89
6th December 2013, 10:53 PM
Cheers thanks Westy

Warwick89
6th December 2013, 10:55 PM
This is not my strong suit at all. I'd have thought though 7 core trailer plug wire was what you needed?

As I said though Warwick, start a new thread specifically about wiring a Teksonsha P3 trailer plug and you will get the right answers and your new thread will become a resource in the Search function of the forum.

I'll take photos of every step I do tomorrow and start a new thread then. Westy has answered what I hope is my last question on this now it should be a piece of cake lol. ��

Warwick89
19th January 2014, 10:10 PM
Does anyone know if there is a difference between GU diesel and petrol fuel tanks.

megatexture
19th January 2014, 10:18 PM
I've got a tekonsha voyager in my car that I fitted and I don't think you will have any issues with the 4 mm

megatexture
19th January 2014, 10:28 PM
Just tap into the rear wiring harness going to the rear tail lights and run them to the trailer plug for the lights and don't use scotch locks, then run one from the controller to the plug for the brakes

Here's a pic I found just double check it applies to your controller but they all hook up basically the same way39362

Warwick89
19th January 2014, 10:30 PM
Cheers mate but I've already finished the brake controller.

Now my mate wants to take my old main diesel tank out of my 3lt gu 7 and put it into his 2003 4.8ltbut I'm not sure if my tank will be the same size as his. Any advice?

Warwick89
20th February 2014, 08:47 PM
Anyone know if there is anyone in WA stocking scangauges?

Clunk
20th February 2014, 10:10 PM
Anyone know if there is anyone in WA stocking scangauges?

Have you tried ringing around dome of the auto shops or maybe the 4wd shops....... Not sure if they do or not but worth a try I guess

Warwick89
20th February 2014, 10:18 PM
Tried a couple around rocky and mandurah but no luck yet. Wanted one before I leave next Thursday