PDA

View Full Version : Duel Battery setup with LPG system

spoonie
8th October 2013, 01:19 AM
Hi

My GU is duel fuelled, I'm looking at fitting a dual battery system but the LPG converter is where second battery tray fits. Has anyone done this? can you fit a battery somewhere else? or move the LPG converter?

Thanks heaps

healy
8th October 2013, 01:27 AM
I've just had the same issue because of my snorkel in my gq im now running it in a projecta power box in the back from what I have seen on the gu 4.5 I think you will need to run a similar set up to me

Evo
8th October 2013, 03:01 AM
I'm in the same boat when it comes to dual batteries.
I have a dual fuel GU also and at the moment, looks like I'll be running the aux battery in the cargo area somewhere.

Evo

krbrooking
8th October 2013, 03:17 AM
Running it the back is prob easiest option but I have heard of someone running both batt's side by side and moving the relay box to a different spot if you are deadset on running it in the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

NP99
8th October 2013, 08:02 AM
It can be done, but the easiest way is to run the 2nd battery to the cargo area. This also limits what type of battery you can use.

threedogs
8th October 2013, 08:36 AM
I'll make a few calls today and find out what others do.

healy
8th October 2013, 08:45 AM
It can be done, but the easiest way is to run the 2nd battery to the cargo area. This also limits what type of battery you can use.

I dont know much about batterys but if you go a complete sealed battery it cant be used as a cranking battery? Is that right?

threedogs
8th October 2013, 08:55 AM
Not sure what you mean but you can get start and deep cycle batteries in sealed configuration
You could maybe get a smaller DC case size that'll fit

healy
8th October 2013, 09:13 AM
Not sure what you mean but you can get start and deep cycle batteries in sealed configuration
You could maybe get a smaller DC case size that'll fit

Ok cool as I said I know nothing about batterys im after a sealed one and to be able to crank off it

NP99
8th October 2013, 09:30 AM
I dont know much about batterys but if you go a complete sealed battery it cant be used as a cranking battery? Is that right?

For inside, you'll probably need a gel rather than lead acid

Bob
8th October 2013, 09:44 AM
This is the Battery that I will be installing in the Cab as no room under the Bonnet

phelonius
8th October 2013, 10:29 AM
If you have your battery sealed in the back how do you run your front of car accessories like uhf/driving lights and stuff like that?

Bob
8th October 2013, 10:35 AM
DRIVING LIGHTS are run off Main Battery. UHF & 2 Cigarette Light Sockets will be hard wired back to Aux Battery

healy
8th October 2013, 12:13 PM
If you have your battery sealed in the back how do you run your front of car accessories like uhf/driving lights and stuff like that?

Just run your wires down the carpet under the foot panels

healy
8th October 2013, 12:14 PM
DRIVING LIGHTS are run off Main Battery. UHF & 2 Cigarette Light Sockets will be hard wired back to Aux Battery

Should run everything off aux batt and leave the main batt for the car and winch imo

healy
8th October 2013, 12:15 PM
This is the Battery that I will be installing in the Cab as no room under the Bonnet

I had the bond batt in my old gq under bonnet

spoonie
9th October 2013, 12:06 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. I had a bit of a Poke around, the easiest way looks to fit in cargo area, near the fridge. Your right NP99 seals gel would be best don't really want to get gassed out but $$$$

NP99
9th October 2013, 12:34 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. I had a bit of a Poke around, the easiest way looks to fit in cargo area, near the fridge. Your right NP99 seals gel would be best don't really want to get gassed out but $$$$

Yes $$$$ is the major drawback!

threedogs
9th October 2013, 02:16 PM
You can buy fuse blocks for your accessories like UHF etc.
Should be enough spare bolt holes in cargo area to hold down a battery tray.
Make sure its very secure as the last thing you want is a 30kg battery hitting you
in the back of the head.