PDA

View Full Version : Break bias bracket?

Mattonpatrol
7th October 2013, 12:45 AM
Just done the 3" lift on my gu, the kit I got came with a break bias bracket, should I be putting this in or, just leave it how it is? And also I'm happy to drive with no sway bars, since it Dosent body roll much,even with the 3" lift in it, but will this effect my coils, like make them sag or get weaker by not having sway bars on?

93patrol
7th October 2013, 12:53 AM
yes put the brake bias bracket on otherwise you wont have effective braking especailly in emeergency situations and the same goes for the sway bars leave them on just get disconnects as if you happen to be in an accident when the cops look over your car and see they have been removed its a massive pineapple and your insurance company might not cover you.and if you have to swerve viciously it can unsettle the car too much and end up rolling M2cW

MudRunnerTD
7th October 2013, 12:54 AM
Yes you should fit the brake bias plate to the rear to return the bias valve to standard spacings.

I would encourage you to refit the rear sway bar at least. I run no sway bars on the GQ and am chasing a HD GU rear sway bar to fit to it at the moment. If I had one I would fit it.

I don't run a front sway bar on the GUIV but do have the rear and its great mate. Definitely a great compromise.

Running a rear sway bar also encourages the front to flex a little more as the back is a little restricted. ;) we like front flex ;)

Did you go Drop Boxes mate?

Mattonpatrol
8th October 2013, 08:13 PM
Yes you should fit the brake bias plate to the rear to return the bias valve to standard spacings.

I would encourage you to refit the rear sway bar at least. I run no sway bars on the GQ and am chasing a HD GU rear sway bar to fit to it at the moment. If I had one I would fit it.

I don't run a front sway bar on the GUIV but do have the rear and its great mate. Definitely a great compromise.

Running a rear sway bar also encourages the front to flex a little more as the back is a little restricted. ;) we like front flex ;)

Did you go Drop Boxes mate?

Yeah I'll see I'm not to keen on putting in sway bars since they will restrict my flex quite abit and even if I get disconnect links, when you relice them the sway bars swing down and will end up getting caught up ;p ..Unfortunatly... I'll se how I go anyways, worst case I still have my sway bars if I need them... And btw I would be happy to sell you my rear sway bar if your infested!? Nah mate dident go drop boxes, I already had the bushes in the kit so I just went with them...

taslucas
8th October 2013, 08:56 PM
Yeah I'll see I'm not to keen on putting in sway bars since they will restrict my flex quite abit and even if I get disconnect links, when you relice them the sway bars swing down and will end up getting caught up ;p ..Unfortunatly... I'll se how I go anyways, worst case I still have my sway bars if I need them... And btw I would be happy to sell you my rear sway bar if your infested!? Nah mate dident go drop boxes, I already had the bushes in the kit so I just went with them...

If you go disconnects then a quick few cable ties keeps everything tidy.

And i think Mudrunner is chasing a HD rear sway bar, so if yours is HD then im sure he'd be infested lol

Drop boxes are nice:), ill be going them soon as i can start spending on the trol again lol

MudRunnerTD
8th October 2013, 09:03 PM
Can you put a vernier on the sway bar and tell me how thick it is please mate. Might be interested.

BigRAWesty
8th October 2013, 10:31 PM
You only need one disconnect on each bar. And a solid link on the other.
You done need a completely floating bar but by releasing one end the bar and axle move separately.

megatexture
8th October 2013, 10:36 PM
But when one side goes up the other must go down and there is the potential for it getting caught up on something

I did my brake bias plate and noticed the difference and I've only got a 2"

BigRAWesty
8th October 2013, 10:45 PM
The stock unit floats inside the box, allowing 100ish mm of float. Easy to make one really..

megatexture
8th October 2013, 10:49 PM
Mines busted anyway lol the mount holding it to the diff sheared off on the left side, this is the 3rd and last time its breaking as I won't be replacing it lol

shaun100
9th October 2013, 09:47 AM
When I got my patrol they had done a 2" lift but no brake bias bracket. When I used the brakes it felt like the car was nosediving and wanted to do an endo.

I made my own 2" bracket, fitted in all of 10 mins and after that it felt much more neutral / level in braking, the way I expected it should feel.

BigRAWesty
9th October 2013, 03:17 PM
Yep. That's what will happen. The bias is used more for when loaded. The further the ass drops the more Force is applied to the rear axle. When lifting you reverse it. So as you felt more Force is applied to the front.