PDA

View Full Version : Ac bearing removal help please!!

meh
6th October 2013, 12:54 PM
Hey guys so my bearing is shot on the ac pulley.
Removed the clutch cover. Removed the c clip. Then used a pulley remover to pull off the pully and yet the bearing stayed on the shaft? Now Im stumped how to get the bearing out.
Any help would be great!

meh
6th October 2013, 01:14 PM
Have put the pulley back on and pulled off again but the bearing wont budge :-(

Yendor
6th October 2013, 01:39 PM
The bearing should just slide off now, It sounds like it has seized onto the shaft.

Is the compressor still in the vehicle or did you remove it first?. Can you get your pulley remover behind the bearing? (put the bolt back in first so you don't damage the end of the shaft).

You could also try heating up the inner race of the bearing, try to keep the heat away from the A/C shaft. With a couple of screw drivers pry the bearing off. You will more then likely need to have the compressor removed from the vehicle to do this.

meh
6th October 2013, 02:05 PM
Did it on the car so I didnt have to have the gas removed and refilled for the third time in the last few weeks

Cant get the pulley remover behind because there is minimal space.
I was suggested to destroy the bearing outer metal case then all the rest and then try and chisel/pry off the inner metal from the bearing ?

Might have to bight the bullet and have the gas removed to pull it off the car

Yendor
6th October 2013, 02:32 PM
What a PITA.......normally you can do them in the vehicle without having to remove the gas.

My experience once the outer race is removed it's very hard to get the inner race off without damaging the shaft. But if your at that stage it's something you might have to try.

You might be able to pick up a second hand compressor cheaply.........but yes it will need to be gassed again.

mudski
6th October 2013, 03:18 PM
I would destroy the bearing. It will eventually come off. If you have the time to do it and keep it off the road... A second hand ac pump might be expensive.

Yendor
6th October 2013, 03:27 PM
I would destroy the bearing. It will eventually come off. If you have the time to do it and keep it off the road... A second hand ac pump might be expensive.

Did you get yours done eventually?

What was the correct bearing part number?

meh
6th October 2013, 03:46 PM
These guys do a new unit for $116 plus $106 delivery

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/446236698.html#description

meh
6th October 2013, 03:48 PM
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/AUTO-AC-COMPRESSOR-FOR-NISSAN-PATROL-GR-Y61/446236698.html
Full site

Yendor
6th October 2013, 03:57 PM
PM macca86, I'm sure he recently bought a second hand A/C compressor in the Brisbane area.

He should be able to tell you how much a second hand one is worth.

Although $220 for a new one sounds pretty good if it's true.

mudski
6th October 2013, 05:04 PM
Did you get yours done eventually?

What was the correct bearing part number?
Yeah after I got the right bearing was all good.
The bearing number is NTN 2TS2-DF0717LLBCS. The pump the OP have posted up would be good, more than likely true, but if it dies, you have nowhere to go but buy another unit.

Yendor
6th October 2013, 05:36 PM
Yeah after I got the right bearing was all good.
The bearing number is NTN 2TS2-DF0717LLBCS. The pump the OP have posted up would be good, more than likely true, but if it dies, you have nowhere to go but buy another unit.

Thanks for posting the bearing number.

I have to ask why you post your technical questions on another Patrol form and not this one?

http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/zd30-di-engine-3-litre-71/c-pump-idler-bearing-replacement-109978/

Don't you trust what the members of this forum have to say??? at least you could humor us and post the question on multiple forums.

NP99
6th October 2013, 07:30 PM
These guys do a new unit for $116 plus $106 delivery

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/446236698.html#description

Good find mate, I've used that site before.

mudski
6th October 2013, 08:29 PM
Thanks for posting the bearing number.

I have to ask why you post your technical questions on another Patrol form and not this one?

http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/zd30-di-engine-3-litre-71/c-pump-idler-bearing-replacement-109978/

Don't you trust what the members of this forum have to say??? at least you could humor us and post the question on multiple forums.
Nice try ;)
My humor tends to offend people here...Enough said.

Yendor
6th October 2013, 09:01 PM
Nice try ;)
My humor tends to offend people here...Enough said.

Humor???????

It was a serious question. How about a serious reply?

Or should we only take you seriously on items you are selling?

mudski
6th October 2013, 09:15 PM
Edit : NVM.

meh
6th October 2013, 09:20 PM
Good find mate, I've used that site before.

All the reviews I looked into this arvo has said they are a scam. Now I'm not sure ill get one from them

Yendor
6th October 2013, 09:29 PM
Edit : NVM.

Yeah, I thought as much.......