PDA

View Full Version : Braided brake lines

threedogs
5th October 2013, 04:09 PM
Hi all I've been talking to a mob on ebay about replacing all rubber brake lines to braided,
This will include 4 calipher hoses, so for a total of $405 posted anywhere you can replace every rubber hose on your GU. 6 hoses in total, they do perish and fail. I'll put the details up as soon as I can. These are extended hoses as well.

Ben-e-boy
5th October 2013, 04:18 PM
Are they the GOODRICH brand brake lines. They are ADR approved. They are manufactered for the transport industry.

threedogs
5th October 2013, 05:18 PM
All I know at this time they are made by 4WD products and are adr approved

MudRunnerTD
5th October 2013, 06:24 PM
I have run Snake Racing Braided line on the GQ for about 6 years. Big fan. One of the first mods I did after coming from Fast Bikes where braided line was a massive improvement.

Rate it highly

Cuppa
5th October 2013, 06:34 PM
Have I read somewhere of braided hoses to the caliper cracking internally because they are short & subject to movement?
Any thoughts on the possibility?

MudRunnerTD
5th October 2013, 06:59 PM
They are not subject to movement on the rear. The front will behave similar to the rubber lines but much stronger. The idea is that when the fluid gets hot it does not heat up the line. A rubber line will bulge and you will loose break pressure.

NP99
5th October 2013, 07:34 PM
I think the rated life of plain rubber brake hoses is 6 years.

Cuppa
5th October 2013, 07:42 PM
Yes, having fitted braided lines to motorcycles in the past, braking was vastly improved when hard on the brakes as well as much better 'feel'.
I have read about the fitting of dimpled/slotted rotors & good pads improving 'feel', but can't really see how this is possible. Improved stopping power certainly ...... but 'feel'?

Cuppa

my third 256
5th October 2013, 09:47 PM
does the braded lines affect the abs system because of the inproved breaking

nissannewby
6th October 2013, 12:04 AM
does the braded lines affect the abs system because of the inproved breaking

No. ABS relies on wheel speed sensors to determine its workings. Braided lines as cuppa has stated with the motorcycle example will always improve braking, they aren't effected by expansion so much nor hear which means a more positive pressure to the caliper which in turns results in better feel.

Feel is great. I find feel is much better with old style components over the new electronic stuff. The electronic stuff is programmed to paremeters where the old stuff is programmed by your right foot or operator input.

mudski
6th October 2013, 08:50 PM
I think the rated life of plain rubber brake hoses is 6 years.
Geez mine are doing well then. Original hoses since new and no signs of cracks, nothing. I check mine every time I get under the car.

Parksy
6th October 2013, 09:00 PM
I'm guessing mine did over 20 years before getting replaced. They looked very ordinary. Running braided lines on all except the front calipers. Wasn't happy with how the braided lines sat and on full lock they came into contact with the wheels, but luckily enough there was a recall due on the car and I got new genuine lines installed for free.