PDA

View Full Version : TB45 efi pinging

dune-mad-patrol
5th October 2013, 09:25 AM
Hey all, i took my car out for a sand dune run yesterday and found it is pinging again
now timing is right, plugs are near new,
Was a warm day and i was thinking could it be caused by the water running through the water pips into the throttle body heating the air up, thinking of taking the hoses off and bypassing it and seeing what happens, what does everyone think ?
Thanks in advance

NP99
5th October 2013, 11:03 AM
Hey all, i took my car out for a sand dune run yesterday and found it is pinging again
now timing is right, plugs are near new,
Was a warm day and i was thinking could it be caused by the water running through the water pips into the throttle body heating the air up, thinking of taking the hoses off and bypassing it and seeing what happens, what does everyone think ?
Thanks in advance

Is it dual fuel?

dune-mad-patrol
5th October 2013, 11:23 AM
yeah it is, but only does it on petrol never found it to do it on gas, but i dont really use gas out in the sand

NP99
5th October 2013, 07:47 PM
What about ulp type, 98/95/91 RON?

dune-mad-patrol
6th October 2013, 12:05 PM
makes no difference running 95 atm, have used 98 and 91 and no change

my third 256
6th October 2013, 12:15 PM
isnt tuning different for gas to petrol
mine was

threedogs
6th October 2013, 01:27 PM
Gas likes it advanced so my take is they tuned it to gas not petrol .
You can have one or the other not Both.
You could try retarding ignition a touch if Pinging is annoying you.

Parksy
6th October 2013, 10:31 PM
How did you confirm that timing was right? If you've used a timing light then that's great, if not, I'd check again.

NP99
6th October 2013, 10:41 PM
How did you confirm that timing was right? If you've used a timing light then that's great, if not, I'd check again.

Or by ear like the old days :)

Parksy
6th October 2013, 10:45 PM
Or by ear like the old days :)

I used to do it like that, and it was great, just took abit more effort. But when I bought a timing light, that just made it so much easier to do.
No more guess work.

NP99
6th October 2013, 10:48 PM
......and a bottle of White out for the timing mark!

dune-mad-patrol
7th October 2013, 01:25 PM
yeah i have set it by the book with a timing light, first time it was doing it cause it was lean as fuel pump was stuffed but its come back now just not as bad, really want to get it sorted out as i dont want to damage motor