PDA

View Full Version : Wobbly bits n bushes

rafa
4th October 2013, 03:47 PM
Hi all.

I have been reading with some concern all of the posts relating to the death wobble etc. I do have some of the symptoms or at least my 02 42TD ex Telstra ute does. As 90% of my driving is in shite remote roads I don't want any dramas as I am no mechanic.

I have booked my car into a recommended steering joint for Monday arvo and wondered if some one could kindly write me a dot point list of all the bushes etc and things from experience that would need doing.

I would like to not go in blind so even if you know roughly what it should costs to replace everything so I have piece if mind out in the bush.

Much appreciated.

Marty.

Ben-e-boy
4th October 2013, 03:56 PM
Panhard bushes, radius arm bushes GENUINE ONLY. wheel bearings and swivel hub bearings.

NP99
4th October 2013, 04:12 PM
Ben has covered the criticals, if the wobble is bearable just wait until you can afford it or do sections at a time. The only other thing that might help is a steering damper, wheel alignment and balance.

Stropp
4th October 2013, 04:15 PM
cost me $850 to do all my front bushes and an alignment and balance, so darwin expect 1200.

NP99
4th October 2013, 10:08 PM
Or if in Brisbane, 1/4 that price. I'd help you change them!

rafa
4th October 2013, 10:10 PM
Or if in Brisbane, 1/4 that price. I'd help you change them!

Tempting mate but off bush again Tuesday. Off through to VRD (Victoria River Downs) for the week.

Cheers.