PDA

View Full Version : 3" lift on the gu this weekend, ideas!?

Mattonpatrol
3rd October 2013, 11:21 PM
Hey all doing a 3" lift on my 1999 gu wagon this weeknd.... First time doing a lift before, but I am confident with doing it, and I know what all parts involved and how to do it.. & I've organized for someone to do the bushed for me professionally.. But my main concern is, what would be the easyest and best way to jack up the troll to take out the coils and radius arms? Like for eg what things can I do to get the chassis up so high and etc.. & what's the proses for this..... And also what is a break bias bracket? Do I need it?

Your help will be good, can't wait to get it all done

MudRunnerTD
3rd October 2013, 11:33 PM
Jack the chassis and support it on both sides on jack stands. Use square pavers under the jack stands or a sleeper if they are not high enough.

Jack the front diff and remove the wheel to allow you to drop it all the way to the ground. I would not be fitting caster correction bushes but rather fit a set of drop boxes for the win.

Use the jack under the back of the front pinion to adjust the angle to get the front radius bolts back in.

Yes you need a brake bias plate to drop the rear brake bias plate back into tolerance.

You will need extended brake lines to both diffs too.

Pretty straight forward mate, good luck.

NP99
3rd October 2013, 11:36 PM
.....and a 2nd set of hands is always handy.

04OFF
4th October 2013, 12:51 AM
Un-bolting one side of the swaybar/s will help too (if you still have em)