PDA

View Full Version : Throttle doesn't away's work !

Jimbo4x4
1st October 2013, 08:15 PM
Hi all, I have a problem with my throttle , Car starts fine but the first third of the throttle movement nothing happens ! I can drive ok but just fills weird.
Today when it happened i stop the engine and restarted it but the same thing , Throttle movement
but the car did not rev until it was 1/4 to 1/3 of movement. Half hour later i jumped back in started it and all was good again !
I have cleaned the MAF a few weeks ago so don't think it that.
This has only happened about 4 times in the last 6 months or so. Any ideals before i go back to see Mr Nissan ?
Cheers Jim

2013 Auto 3lt with Roo systems chip

boots
1st October 2013, 08:29 PM
Throttle position sensor may be faulty. Has been a recall on these recently

MudRunnerTD
1st October 2013, 08:33 PM
Good advice on the recall boots! Do that.

Also you list the car as a 2013, has it done it before the Roo systems chip was fitted? Is the Roo Systems chip the one from 4wd Action and Tigerz?

Go the recall first then have the chip checked for fault. Even unplug it and see if he problem persists.

Hodge
1st October 2013, 08:57 PM
Hope you fix your issue mate and I also hope mr. nissan doesn't reject any warranty related issues with your problem, due to the chip being fitted. Nissan is very good at doing that.

Jimbo4x4
1st October 2013, 09:02 PM
Yeah its a rapid chip from 4wd action , I was at Roo systems last week getting the chip checked out. Seems ok :-)

Jimbo4x4
1st October 2013, 09:04 PM
Ok Boots will have it checked Nissan, Thanks for the help guys.

Jimbo4x4
1st October 2013, 09:15 PM
Hi Hodge thats why i went with Roo systems they put it in writing that your warranty is good, I guess i have to wait and see what Mr Nissan says about that ! I know what Nissan are like ! 3rd time back to fix a loose drivers seat !

BigRAWesty
1st October 2013, 09:16 PM
Remove the chip before taking in for warranty...

Risto79
3rd October 2013, 07:15 AM
I spoke to Nissan about the same issue on Tuesday, they haven't released the recall yet but if you have them replace the accelerator which is about $700,once the recall is released they will refund your money. But they did mention it has to be done by a Nissan dealer, If you don't they won't honour there refund policy.