PDA

View Full Version : Red or blue or ?????

threedogs
1st October 2013, 02:37 PM
That time of the year again.
Maybe this time the blue oval will prevail.

Steve4wdin
1st October 2013, 02:43 PM
I think Mercedes / yellow, but would like ford to win for a change.

Bob
1st October 2013, 02:53 PM
The one with the same name as the 4WD that I drive

gaddy
1st October 2013, 03:32 PM
Reckon the mercs nissan in in with a shot

taslucas
1st October 2013, 03:43 PM
The one with the same name as the 4WD that I drive

Yep x 2 for me

04OFF
1st October 2013, 03:54 PM
I gave up caring when they stopped running real production cars !

Used to be my favorite thing to watch years ago, but they ruined it when they lost sight of what the race was actually about ! :(

Steve4wdin
1st October 2013, 04:51 PM

Used to be my favorite thing to watch years ago, but they ruined it when they lost sight of what the race was actually about ! :(

I 100% agree, but it is the only time of the year I get to watch what I want so I make sure it is on all day.
The year my daughter was born, (7years ago) 888 won Bathurst, we live at #8, she was delivered in room #8 and was 8ib 8ou.
Spooky
We thought 8 must be a lucky # so put money on every year for Melbourne cup. Running 8th was about the best we've done.lol

taslucas
1st October 2013, 06:17 PM
So do you guys reckon Nissan and Mercedes were brought onboard because the v8 supercar authority knew that Holden and Fords days were limited and they want to keep the race alive?

growler2058
1st October 2013, 06:49 PM

Same same.............................................. ................................................bu uuut my blood is still red :)

93patrol
1st October 2013, 06:58 PM
dont really care just as long as its not a procession of cars not passing or anything exciting like boring old f1and motogp

macca
1st October 2013, 07:15 PM
Couldn't bring myself to cheer on a Nissan just in case Rick Kelly won, so go with what I have always done and raise the blue oval flag over the race weekend.
It was great in the days of all the classes running together, real action then.
Mate was telling me the other night that the gearing might be changed to allow a higher top speed, have you guys heard anything about that?

Steve4wdin
1st October 2013, 07:24 PM
I always thought they changed the diff ratio for Bathurst, Now there is no diff as such, I guess the gearing will have to be changed.

JonnoD
1st October 2013, 07:59 PM
93patrol I am not sure what motogp race you watch but there is plenty of passing. They can still change the diff ratios in a transaxle the same as a standard diff housing. I will be going blue this year as always

macca
1st October 2013, 07:59 PM
They do use the tallest diff ratio, it makes getting off the line difficult but they top out at 300klm entering The Chase.
What my mate said was gearing changes within the gear box to add 10% to the max speed.
Just what he was saying

Had a look on the V8 website and found this.....

While variation to the drop gear ratio had been considered for Bathurst, the V8 Supercars Commission has decided there will be no immediate change, but could reverse that decision during the event.

A change would mean a potential top speed of 310km an hour for the V8 Supercars at the Mountain, and was put forward because cars were on the rev limiter for longer at the end of the straight than in previous years at Sandown Raceway.

Applying that to Bathurst, there is the potential for torque reversal, which can cause damage to the driveline, including the transaxle.

The V8 Supercars Technical Advisory Panel assessed this risk and while no change is being made at this stage, an assessment on the time spent on the rev limiter will be made after practice and Albins will carry sufficient stock if a change is, in fact, required.

Technical staff will review the data from all cars, as well as taking onboard feedback from drivers.

JonnoD
1st October 2013, 10:30 PM
So it sounds like they will be changing 6th gear ratio. Interesting