PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth.

Kurt Bergmann
1st October 2013, 12:25 PM
I will try explain this the best I can. Please Help!!!! I have a 2012 Y61 Patrol & I had a Apple I phone which worked fine on the Bluetooth but as a company phone & the position with the phone became redundant so I had to hand the phone back. So I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Pocket which would pair with the Bluetooth but there was no sound coming in or out. So after discussions with Nissan Australia, Nissan Dealership, All Phones & Samsung I was advised that the phone & the Patrols bluetooth were not compatible. To cut a long story short Nissan sent me a list of compatible phones which I took to the phone shop and on that list was a Samsung Galaxy Ace which I purchased.....but the same problem continues? PLEASE HELP.

Below is the conversation with Nissan, my question & Nissans reply.

Thanks for the link.

Yesterday I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Ace which was on the list, but I am still having the same problem. It is pairing up but no sound..they can't hear me & I can't hear them. I think a good start would be if you could email me the instructions for the stereo as in the owners manuel their are only the old stereo units.

Regards Kurt

Hi Kurt, Unfortunately as we are not a technical helpdesk I’m unable to provide you the instructions you’re requesting. I could only suggest you either contact Eclipse directly or contact your local dealer for further assistance.

Regards,

Kurt

Ronin
1st October 2013, 03:35 PM
so what audio system do u have in the Patrol ?

Kurt Bergmann
1st October 2013, 03:40 PM
It is the factory audio system.

NissanGQ4.2
1st October 2013, 07:06 PM
What a cop out from Nissan

If you have time and want to take a drive up the mountains ( Warrimoo ) on Saturday I can have a look at it for you, I'm no audio / phone expert but a little tech savy

Does the eclipse unit have a model number on it???

Cheers

Toddie

Ronin
1st October 2013, 07:18 PM
if its the AVN827GA , here is the online manual for it. http://www.eclipse-web.com/au/download/manual/avn827ga_en/avn/index.html

Kurt Bergmann
2nd October 2013, 11:06 AM
Cheers, thanks for that...I think Nissan could be talking about the wrong unit?

Here is picture of the unit.

Kurt Bergmann
2nd October 2013, 11:57 AM
I just sent the above stereo picture to Nissan and as usual could not help.....I can’t verify based on the photo but the specifications listed indicate you have the Eclipse AVN827 unit.

As advised previously please contact either Eclipse directly or contact your local dealer for further assistance....so I will be paying the dealer a visit and asked why I have the incorrect stereo in my car.

First Patrol
3rd October 2013, 06:51 AM
I have the same unit in my work ute worked fine for a few days then stopped its a 2012 Bavaria but same unit. Another bloke a work same unit same thing happened but he took his to nissan and they are replacing unit for him. We'll they ordered a new one 5 weeks ago and he is still waiting!!!!
It must be a problem which these stereos IMO

rkinsey
3rd October 2013, 07:20 AM
G'day Kurt,

Simple troubleshooting for this one would be to get (if you can) a few devices that are Bluetooth enabled. Maybe get a few mates around, and see if these devices can "see" the stereo when you are trying to pair the device. Make sure they can see each other.

If they can pair with each other and not see or pair with the stereo then there is most likely an issue with the stereo.

If it was a computer, I would tell the customer to restart the computer (which restarts and reloads the Bluetooth application and Bluetooth module) and see if that makes a difference.

Now before you start all of this, document what you are doing. I mean write down the model numbers of the devices (phones) that you are using in the test and their Operating System version numbers. Next, write down, in sequence, what steps you take to trouble shoot the problem and what was the outcome of each step. Error messages, codes on the devices and or stereo.

This will make dealing with Nissan easier if you have to take it back to them. Its all about gathering information.

Todd, I'm away this weekend but back on Sunday. If you boys want we could make a day of it on Monday for some help if you like? I have laptops, iPhones, iPods and a Galaxy we can use to troubleshoot the issue with. Not to mention 15 odd years experience dealing with manufacturers warranties, consumer law and the ACCC.....

Cheers,

Rob

my third 256
3rd October 2013, 07:57 AM
this is what the forum is about /pleanty of people willing to help good one rob

G'day Kurt,

Simple troubleshooting for this one would be to get (if you can) a few devices that are Bluetooth enabled. Maybe get a few mates around, and see if these devices can "see" the stereo when you are trying to pair the device. Make sure they can see each other.

If they can pair with each other and not see or pair with the stereo then there is most likely an issue with the stereo.

If it was a computer, I would tell the customer to restart the computer (which restarts and reloads the Bluetooth application and Bluetooth module) and see if that makes a difference.

Now before you start all of this, document what you are doing. I mean write down the model numbers of the devices (phones) that you are using in the test and their Operating System version numbers. Next, write down, in sequence, what steps you take to trouble shoot the problem and what was the outcome of each step. Error messages, codes on the devices and or stereo.

This will make dealing with Nissan easier if you have to take it back to them. Its all about gathering information.

Todd, I'm away this weekend but back on Sunday. If you boys want we could make a day of it on Monday for some help if you like? I have laptops, iPhones, iPods and a Galaxy we can use to troubleshoot the issue with. Not to mention 15 odd years experience dealing with manufacturers warranties, consumer law and the ACCC.....

Cheers,

Rob

Kurt Bergmann
3rd October 2013, 09:48 AM
Cheers. Thanks for all that.

The car is at Nissan today getting a new diff lock solenoid fitted as the original one was faulty from the start. All under warranty!!

Yes, after your advice regarding the the stereo...I sent a picture of the stereo to Nissan and their reply was,

I can’t verify based on the photo but the specifications listed indicate you have the Eclipse AVN827 unit.

So when I took it this morning I asked Nissan how come I don't have the specified stereo. They said they will check it out.

I will rather pissed off if they have given me the incorrect phone listing as mentioned I purchased my phone of this list.

This could be another issue coming up.

rkinsey
3rd October 2013, 10:39 AM
OK Kurt.

Gather info first and then we can look at the problem. The only way to tell which system you have is to have a look on the back of it and get the serial and model number info there. Yes they have to take it out or get a really small person to have a look.......

Let us know how you go.

Cheer,

Rob

rkinsey
3rd October 2013, 10:46 AM
this is what the forum is about /pleanty of people willing to help good one rob

Cheers My Third.

I'm not the most experienced mechanic in the world, but this subject I know backwards and I believe that if you are in a position to help, even to offer advice so someone can make an informed decision, then you should do so.

As a group, there are enough of us on here that have a wide variety of experience in almost all subjects so if we put our heads together, we should be able to come up with a solution to most problems fairly easily. Not one person knows everything about any one subject but as a forum, we are fairly knowledgeable....!

Cheers,

Rob

Kurt Bergmann
4th October 2013, 01:29 PM
It now gets better, the list Nissan sent me was for not for my stereo as advised by the dealer so I am now back to square one. When my car was at Nissan yesterday getting the faulty from new diff lock solenoid changed. The dealer advised me when I bring it in for the 10000KM service in couple of months, for me to leave my phone with them and they will try and make it work. I now have 2 new phones ($350.00) that won't work with the bluetooth So I will see after the service what Nissan will do for me for if they can't get the phone they recommended to work.

Clunk
4th October 2013, 01:51 PM
You would gave thought any phone should work, softer all bluetooth is bluetooth surely!!!!???? There are newer versions of bluetooth but those devices with the newer version should be backwards compatible with the older device

Limmy
4th October 2013, 01:53 PM
worst comes to worst . get a " parrot " Bluetooth system. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-Parrot-MKi9100-Bluetooth-Hands-Free-Car-Kit-and-Music-Player-Wrrty-RRP349-/281048034239?pt=AU_MobilePhoneAccessories&hash=item416fc4abbf

Its wired to speakers and stock headunit . it compatable to every Bluetooth phone . when a call comes through , it'll mute the radio and the voice will come through the speakers. I have stock headunit ( which I need to replace to play mp3 cds)

NissanGQ4.2
4th October 2013, 04:39 PM

Cheers,

Rob

Unfortunately the missus has plans for me on Monday Rob :( Shame would of been good to help a fellow member out and also finally meet you.

NissanGQ4.2
4th October 2013, 04:41 PM
It now gets better, the list Nissan sent me was for not for my stereo as advised by the dealer so I am now back to square one. When my car was at Nissan yesterday getting the faulty from new diff lock solenoid changed. The dealer advised me when I bring it in for the 10000KM service in couple of months, for me to leave my phone with them and they will try and make it work. I now have 2 new phones ($350.00) that won't work with the bluetooth So I will see after the service what Nissan will do for me for if they can't get the phone they recommended to work.

Take the receipt for the phone you bought and say this is now yours, I would like my money please!

BigRAWesty
4th October 2013, 06:24 PM
Take the receipt for the phone you bought and say this is now yours, I would like my money please!

X2.. Their stuff up and shwould fix you up..

Kurt Bergmann
4th December 2013, 04:18 PM
After a battle with Nissan they have decided to refund the phone :) .....The Nokia Lumia works fine with the bluetooth. No probs.

threedogs
4th December 2013, 06:04 PM
didn't take long did it lol

happygu
4th December 2013, 08:03 PM
Good result in the end Kurt.

Well done in persisting with it.

Mic