PDA

View Full Version : GU new radiator wanted ( heavy duty )

tonym9643
30th September 2013, 06:34 PM
Hi ALL

I have a 3.0 litre Gu 2003 Nissan patrol diesel which is now 10 years old. Regularly serviced but with 258,000 klicks on the clock...

My Nissan started to overheat . after discussion with Nissan mechanic, he suggested remove radiator , thermostat and hoses to start process of elimination......

Ive looked around and I definitely don't want genuine Nissan radiator but I want STRONG , Heavy duty radiator....Im having trouble in Sydney...

Any of you guys know of someone that can supply me with one.

Thanks

NP99
30th September 2013, 08:13 PM
What about ebay mate?

AB
30th September 2013, 08:16 PM
Do you guys still have natrad up there?

There's a natrad opposite my work and I got a great deal from those blokes on a heavy duty steel one. Really good price and quality!

BigRAWesty
30th September 2013, 08:30 PM
I'd start with a simple radiator inspection, flush and coring if deemed needed..
You might be pleasantly surprised at how much crap has fallen between ac exchange and radiator and a good clean out is all it needs..

I look at it like this. The manufacturers design and build cars with specific operating temps in mind. They supply a cooling device to suit. And you never hear of a car over heating straight Off the line..
Anyway, my 2c.

wildgu6
30th September 2013, 08:54 PM
X2 with Kallen,
took the Trol to natrad a couple of weeks ago expecting to be up for a new radiator as I had overheating issues and also fan damage to the core,
Pleasantly surprised when I picked it up, was told the radiator was spot on, allthough it wasn't original, the overheating issue came from the bucket of mud the flushed from the core,
Worth a try before lashing out good $$$ for a newbie.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app