PDA

View Full Version : GU\GR 4.8 sensor differance?

Mav
29th September 2013, 09:59 PM
I know it is a stupid question, but mainly after info on the 4.8 variant, I have after many hours stumbled across a MAF for a 4.8 for $64 , now the thing is I need to know, the part number is for a GR 4.8, and the Nissan number comes up as an Infiniti, which is alright as it is listed as the same.

The picture looks the same as mine , here is the page I found it all at

\ Nissan parts catalog \ Mass air flow, 22680AR200

Mass air flow, 22680AR200

Weight: 0.35 kg / 0.773 lb

Part usage information

Europe (left-hand drive)

PATROL(GR) Y61

DateBodyEngineSeatGradeTransmission'02, October — WAGON TB48DE TYPE ENGINEEUR NORTH 5PGRX TYPE AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION

Now the difference is the MAF part number for the GU 4.8 is 22680-VC201 , now I know they are different, but the GR one looks the same as mine :D , how different can they be, surly Nissan would not have specked a different sensor just for Australian models :?

If this was to work, it might be a good find as the price for a MAF in Australia is outrageous, and there are a lot of other sensors that might be the same:bananarock:

mudski
2nd October 2013, 05:36 PM
What are you trying to say? Sorry been a long day...That the 22680-AR200 will work in replace of the correct unit 22680-VC200? Don't you mean, 22680-AD200? That is a Subaru MAF They look the same yes, same as the ZD30 unit too. But are you willing to risk your engine for the sake of a few bob?
Mazda and Toyota both use the same MAF housing on some models but are internally different. I have pulled a few apart to have a look for myself.
This is one area personally I wouldn't go messing about as if you put one in and it tells your motor to lean the fuel mix, or vice versa, and too much. What damage are you going to do?

Keen to know the results though...As I have been asked this a few times and couldn't really give a definitive answer. Well, didn't want too, as then its my fault if the engine goes kaboom...lol.

Mav
9th October 2013, 05:49 PM
Yep willing to risk it:bananarock:

The part numbers I have found are for the GR model, and am assuming that the Nissan has not released special sensors for Australia only:wink:

Starting out small though and getting a Temp sensor, so if that works the way it's supposed to, then I have save $80 on ONE part:clapping: , then onto 02 sensors, the MAF I will leave for a bit to see what happens, UNLESS some one can test it for me with some sort of device to see if it works.