PDA

View Full Version : Patrol is hard work at drive-in movies

04OFF
29th September 2013, 11:43 AM
So took the kids to the drive-in movies last night, (first time in the GU) i soon found out that the Patrol big barn door is a bit of a pain when you want to lay in the back of the car to watch, unless that is ,you are almost straight inline with the screen. :clownredpuff:

Have to degrade to the corolla wagon next time :(

BigRAWesty
29th September 2013, 01:12 PM
Why didn't you just park onto of the car in the middle??? Uninterrupted views...

NP99
29th September 2013, 02:15 PM
So took the kids to the drive-in movies last night, (first time in the GU) i soon found out that the Patrol big barn door is a bit of a pain when you want to lay in the back of the car to watch, unless that is ,you are almost straight inline with the screen. :clownredpuff:

Have to degrade to the corolla wagon next time :(

Where's the drive in at Brisbane mate?

Lewy
29th September 2013, 03:11 PM
There is one on the way to Jacobs well!! Keep meaning to go check it out (only been saying that for 15 years LOL)

P4trol
29th September 2013, 10:38 PM
Cushions on the roof rack?! Do the mod that allows the small door to open wider, and lock open the big door.

NP99
29th September 2013, 10:56 PM
There is one on the way to Jacobs well!! Keep meaning to go check it out (only been saying that for 15 years LOL)

That's a long drive for you mate :)

Lionel84
30th September 2013, 12:12 AM
Just roll the swag out on the roof mate :)

my third 256
30th September 2013, 07:43 AM
when i lived in darwin we took the lounge chairs and a bbq

BigRAWesty
30th September 2013, 08:03 AM
when i lived in darwin we took the lounge chairs and a bbq

My mate's do this for the local footy finals. Pick up a freeby 2 seater and On the Ute it goes.. Movable grandstand..

You could roof rack it in and the sit it out the back..

04OFF
30th September 2013, 08:30 AM
Where's the drive in at Brisbane mate?

http://yataladrive-in.com.au/

Cushions on the roof rack?! Do the mod that allows the small door to open wider, and lock open the big door.

The small door is no problem, just the big door, i had it locked fully open

Just roll the swag out on the roof mate :)

he-he, with all the work that i put in to fitting a new roof, and having NO roof basket (or racks), i don't think this suggestion will be happening any time soon (lol) ;)

rkinsey
30th September 2013, 10:18 AM
We go to the drive in all the time with the Patrol. I back up to the car space so the rear is pointing at the screen (get a space in the middle if you can) we put the kids in the back with a couple of bean bags and lounge cushions and we put the camp table at the back right up against the bumper and my wife and I sit in the camp chairs to either side of the table.

In the winter take two sleeping bags for my wife and I to sit in and the kids get a blanket each. Easy!

Cheers,

Rob

04OFF
30th September 2013, 10:41 AM
Thats kinda how we ended up Rob, i guess the key is get there "early" so you can get centre of the screen.

nissannewby
30th September 2013, 12:47 PM
Get a ute :p then you can lounge around on the back as much as you like :). I have contemplated buying a sofa bed, strap it on head to the movies pull it out and comfort

04OFF
30th September 2013, 01:15 PM
Get a ute :p then you can lounge around on the back as much as you like :). I have contemplated buying a sofa bed, strap it on head to the movies pull it out and comfort

There is four of us, BTW how many seats do you have in your ute Matty ? :fish:

ha-ha !

NP99
30th September 2013, 08:19 PM
Driving home tonight I seen a patrol with the yatala drive in sticker on the rear door :)

AB
30th September 2013, 08:21 PM

My old xf ute with the sub woofers in the back was great for drive ins!!!

Arrr the memories before kids arrived!!!

AB
30th September 2013, 08:27 PM

I used to throw my double bed, blankets and pillows in the back along with some beers....great times!!!

NP99
30th September 2013, 10:29 PM
My old xf ute with the sub woofers in the back was great for drive ins!!!

Arrr the memories before kids arrived!!!

How many kids were caused by the drive in? :)