PDA

View Full Version : Central locking only works on key only

BiLLz0r
28th September 2013, 04:48 PM
Hi all,

I have an issue with a '99 GU central locking. It works with the key fine and tested the battery's in the remote as 6V (2*3V batteries). The small LED lights up on the remote and if I hold it right next to the drivers door near the handle somewhere you can hear a solenoid inside the doors working and the indicators flash (once for lock, 2 or 3 times for unlock, or is that vise versa)... anyway, it never actually locks or unlocks.

Any ideas what it may be? I'm assuming it's not the Nissan OEM keyless entry as the key fob isn't marked with Nissan at all.

Yendor
28th September 2013, 06:32 PM
Remove the driver side door trim and inspect the slave solenoid. It sounds like the mechanical connection has come loose.

Once you remove the door trim press the remote and you should be able to see the slave solenoid operating and hopefully the rod has just been dislodged.

Bloodyaussie
28th September 2013, 07:11 PM
Remove the driver side door trim and inspect the slave solenoid. It sounds like the mechanical connection has come loose.

Once you remove the door trim press the remote and you should be able to see the slave solenoid operating and hopefully the rod has just been dislodged.

The mechanics on mine come loose every 6 months or so from 4wding.... I play chase the door mechs... next one should be the passenger rear door!!!!!

nissannewby
28th September 2013, 08:03 PM
The mechanics on mine come loose every 6 months or so from 4wding.... I play chase the door mechs... next one should be the passenger rear door!!!!!

Are you gonna be ok? :p

Bloodyaussie
28th September 2013, 08:30 PM
Are you gonna be ok? :p

I should make it through unscathed !!!!