PDA

View Full Version : 3" Taipan xp exhaust system

SEALEGEND
27th September 2013, 08:45 AM
Hi Guys,

have ordered a 3" Taipan xp exhaust system to complement the catch can and anti det kit i installed to the GU3. is this the best exhaust system for the GU to help the exhaust to escape quicker and keep the turbo cooler?

grimace
27th September 2013, 02:46 PM
not sure, i went with the beaudesert 2 3/4 and am very happy with it. also bought it as DIY and saved a bit on the instal was a piece of piss cheers....

MEGOMONSTER
28th September 2013, 08:28 AM
I went Taipan exhaust with the DPChip, was a great improvement when wanting to speed up off overtaking. Spools up a little quicker.
Look, everyone has there likes and dislikes for which is or isn't a better exhaust.
I like the taipan for the fact that it doesn't sound like a 3" xzorst, at only 5 or so decibels louder that standard was a win for me, definitely louder but doesn't drone, like some at 100kph.

I was however disappointed when I first drove out the shop, saying "is that all I get" , cos I really didn't feel any increases, but by the time I got home I realised what a huge difference it actually made.
In my opinion, any exhaust upgrade is better than standard.
I especially love the sound of the last few seconds before turning off. (With turbo timer)

liveyk7
28th September 2013, 06:49 PM
Hey mate

How much did you fork out for this?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

joeker
30th September 2013, 05:25 PM
I also went with a Beaudesert 2.75 inch pipe. The 3 inch units seem to offer less backpressure and you really do need some of that to allow the engine to scavenge correctly.

I also fitted a Steibauer chip.

The combination works for me.

Lionel84
1st October 2013, 01:10 AM
What did the Taipan 3in Exhaust set ya back? I'm looking around for a DIY kit atm

MEGOMONSTER
1st October 2013, 06:00 AM
What did the Taipan 3in Exhaust set ya back? I'm looking around for a DIY kit atm
I can't remember exactly now but was around $1500 fitted.

SEALEGEND
1st October 2013, 08:36 AM
Hi Guys,

the exhaust was $1600 fitted, the anti det kit and catch can was $600 fitted with the K & N air filter, they also cleaned the MAF sensor and replaced all hoses with silicone ones.

mudski
1st October 2013, 12:50 PM
Hi Guys,

the exhaust was $1600 fitted, the anti det kit and catch can was $600 fitted with the K & N air filter, they also cleaned the MAF sensor and replaced all hoses with silicone ones.

Fek! they seen you coming....
Sorry but that pretty expensive I reckon. But if your happy then it doesnt matter.
3inch on a td is prime. Turbo diesels don't want back pressure, at all. They need a free flowing system. You have back pressure on a turbo deisel the turbo will be trying to blow a golf ball through a garden hose. Its not a good thing.
I had silicone hoses but all the silicone hoses sold these days are garbage and silicone and oil are worst enemy's. Just be wary of that and keep an eye on the hoses. Silicone coolant hoses can be affected by the type of coolant you run too. While silicone is good in some cases, its also worse in other. Worse than rubber and oil. Put new rubber hoses, except for one which Is still silicone, but it's decent American made silicone. I used to sell silicone in the heavy haulage industry to OEM's like Kenworth and Mack. Plus in the mining industry. There is some real bad silicone getting out there now and is doing more damage than good. I got a k&n filter in mine too. Breathes a little better now.
What you need to do now is a chip and rip out the muffler. Goes great without the muffler and sounds a bit better. Well better for what a little engine can sound like.
Can you tell us what exactly was done when they installed the anti det kit?

Cheers.

MEGOMONSTER
1st October 2013, 01:21 PM
Hi Guys,

Nah mate you did good, they seen me coming. I just found my Taipan post and I paid $1700 fitted

mudski
1st October 2013, 04:46 PM
Holy moly Mick!!!!

MEGOMONSTER
1st October 2013, 05:42 PM
Holy moly Mick!!!!

Like I said seen me coming first and last time I went there.

Warwick89
7th October 2013, 01:02 AM
I just booked mine in for a 3" tai pain exhaust and steinbauer chip $3500 on the great eastern hwy

boots
7th October 2013, 09:00 PM
Daylight robbery. I could not would not sam I am as written in the book green eggs and ham. Dr seuss.

Diesel-Mate
7th October 2013, 09:58 PM
My 3" exhaust cost $760 fitted including dump with pyro bung. Its made out of 2mm steam pipe so will last a very long time. You want as little back pressure as possible with a turbo diesel.

kevin07
7th October 2013, 10:13 PM
I just paid $1415 for a steinbauer module fitted from the camping show at Penrith I believe a good price although not fitted yet as ive been very busy maybe this week.kev

Warwick89
8th October 2013, 12:19 AM
I just paid $1415 for a steinbauer module fitted from the camping show at Penrith I believe a good price although not fitted yet as ive been very busy maybe this week.kev

Once you get it put in mate you'll have to let me know how it's going.
Getting one put in mine before I pick it up

liveyk7
8th October 2013, 01:35 PM
My 3" exhaust cost $760 fitted including dump with pyro bung. Its made out of 2mm steam pipe so will last a very long time. You want as little back pressure as possible with a turbo diesel.

Where did you get this from mate? Bloody awesome price..

Diesel-Mate
8th October 2013, 01:38 PM
Where did you get this from mate? Bloody awesome price..

My local performance shop/exhaust shop. Iv got no mufflers but if I wanted them it would have been $100 more.

One of the best mods I did.

Mickus
10th October 2013, 11:32 PM
Hey Grimace I am about to do my 4.2 turbo diesel with a 3" scotts rods exhaust, how did you go getting to the bolts on the turbo? cheers mate

Mickus
10th October 2013, 11:37 PM
Gee mate that's a good price fitted.

grimace
16th October 2013, 07:24 AM
ahh thats a good question, i removed the heat shield which actualy took longer than it did to fit the new exhaust. i dont know how the 4.2 setup goes but anyone with half a brain should be able to fit DIY. everything that is on my truck i have done my self for the sake of saving more money for more mods but the only thing i wont touch is the engine although i do my own services as this is more money for me. my exhaust cost me $1240 delivered to my door and took about (including the shit fight to get the heat shield off) 3hrs for which i was quoted $300 to fit so i recon that isnt bad going....cheers.....