PDA

View Full Version : Help

Grubby
24th September 2013, 07:26 PM
Iam trying to replace my left hand side tail light globe on a 2010 gu patrol but for the life of me I can't get the housing off I have undone the 2 screws inside I can get the bottom cotter pin to pop out but can't get the top one to pop out is there any tricks to get them out without breaking anything any info or tips would be great

threedogs
25th September 2013, 07:22 AM
Use the palm of your hand and thump it directly back, avoid using a screwdriver to pry it off.
It will come off some are a bit stubborn that's all

Grubby
25th September 2013, 07:07 PM
Thanks for tip I gave it a go again but can still only get the bottom to pop out the top pin is still being very stubborn and won't pop out any more ideas all I can come up with is to try and pry it with something but don't want to break anything and need more then a globe

Grubby
29th September 2013, 03:01 PM
I got the light housing off only to discover there is only a reversing light in there no brake lights just blanks so I had a look at the drivers side one as well and to my surprise that is only a dummy as well no lights or wires to be seen the only brakes lights I have are on the bumbar is this normal if so is there a upgrade I could do to get more brake light in the dummy lights

kevin07
29th September 2013, 05:44 PM
thats normal and upgrades on ebay

my third 256
30th September 2013, 08:08 AM
plenty of threads on here use the serch at the top fight of the page or try this one its great
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?2452-GU-Christmas-Tree

Grubby
30th September 2013, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the info iam still surprised that they aren't operations I will be looking into getting some aftermarket ones soon yeah tried doing a search after I posted maybe I should of done that first must of been in shock after finding that the big lights are only for decoration the mind boggles as to what nissan was thinking

Coldcomfort
30th September 2013, 11:25 PM
I have found that the light housing comes out easier if you pull out the top of it and the bottom it out evenly. Pushing the mount bracket from behind the light assebly also makes life a tad easier.