PDA

View Full Version : Helping wallies!

89gqpatrol4x4
24th September 2013, 06:09 PM
Went to straddie on the week end and don't get me wrong I am by no means a veteran sand driver but we helped two people out of being bogged and after asking do you have a strap? do you have a shovel? and have you let air out of your tyres? and on all accounts being told no! I have to ask the question how dumb are people? I don't have a problem helping as I hope that one day if I need a hand someone will help but a bit of common sense doesn't hurt! Is this the norm?

mudski
24th September 2013, 06:10 PM
Went to straddie on the week end and don't get me wrong I am by no means a veteran sand driver but we helped two people out of being bogged and after asking do you have a strap? do you have a shovel? and have you let air out of your tyres? and on all accounts being told no! I have to ask the question how dumb are people? I don't have a problem helping as I hope that one day if I need a hand someone will help but a bit of common sense doesn't hurt! Is this the norm?

Just smile and wave. ..

rkinsey
24th September 2013, 06:15 PM
Unfortunately it is becoming all too familiar.. especially with the younger generation. (My two included!) seeing that they already know everything.....

TPC
24th September 2013, 06:23 PM
Know what its like, have helped out plenty of wanabee 4wders down Robe Beachport way, always annoys me seeing a 4wd on its own with no gear, no experience & no idea.
Will always help though as never know when I will need help myself.

mudski
24th September 2013, 06:25 PM
Unfortunately it is becoming all too familiar.. especially with the younger generation. (My two included!) seeing that they already know everything.....

Let them learn the hard way then...my neighbor wants to come out 4wheeling with me but doesnt have any reco gear. Says he doesn't need it as he doesn't get stuck. So he never gets an invite feom me.

89gqpatrol4x4
24th September 2013, 07:01 PM
Let them learn the hard way then...my neighbor wants to come out 4wheeling with me but doesnt have any reco gear. Says he doesn't need it as he doesn't get stuck. So he never gets an invite feom me.

I wouldn't invite him either! clearly knows everything there is to know about 4wdriving

trekster
24th September 2013, 08:25 PM
Just invite him then when he gets stuck leave him for a few hours :D

growler2058
24th September 2013, 08:32 PM
Sorry brother but there is nothing common about sense

92GQ
24th September 2013, 08:44 PM
Sorry brother but there is nothing common about sense

Sadly, I have to agree with this :(

Ben-e-boy
24th September 2013, 08:49 PM
I usually give them the shovel and wait until they let theirtyres down befor doing anything. Make them work for my help.

PMC
24th September 2013, 08:53 PM
I usually give them the shovel and wait until they let theirtyres down befor doing anything. Make them work for my help.

Gees, your to generous!

I usually hire them the farken shovel, then sit back, have a coffee and give advice where needed. lol

Regards,

RLI

nissannewby
24th September 2013, 08:55 PM
Just smile and wave. ..

Unfortunately it's not like that, you should help just because while it might be common sense sometimes a lot of people roll up to buy a car, ask if they can drive it on the beach get told yes and that's the end of it. I'm always stopping to help people who are stuck regardless if they are smart or dumb. Just remember it one day when you might be stuck and everyone keeps driving by.

As for your mate get him out, he will work it out pretty quick that he will need recovery gear.

I guess you would be one of the 100 people who drive past someone stuck on the beach before I stop to pull them out. :).

gaddy
24th September 2013, 08:56 PM
Thats just the way it goes these days , I will always stop , I find most of them will listen as a lot of the time it is inexperience , we were up at inskip one trip and guy in a new jag and camper trailer tried to get into one of the 4wd sites , most people gave him heaps , we got him out , the next day he came back with a bottle of bundy and a bottle of beam . You just never know

Steve

mudski
24th September 2013, 09:46 PM
Unfortunately it's not like that, you should help just because while it might be common sense sometimes a lot of people roll up to buy a car, ask if they can drive it on the beach get told yes and that's the end of it. I'm always stopping to help people who are stuck regardless if they are smart or dumb. Just remember it one day when you might be stuck and everyone keeps driving by.

As for your mate get him out, he will work it out pretty quick that he will need recovery gear.

I guess you would be one of the 100 people who drive past someone stuck on the beach before I stop to pull them out. :).
No Matt I am not. It just frustrates the hell out of me thats all. There's many people who would feel that same about this but sit back and say nothing in the fear of reprimand. But how many times do you feel like just driving on by? Depending on the situation I suppose to make the outcome...

93patrol
24th September 2013, 09:56 PM
I pulled a guy out twice on the same beach both times told him to let the tyres down and that his car wasn't meant for the beach (jeep patriot 22inch rims) once on my out to the fishing spot and 2 hours later on the way home. Left him when he went back on for 3rd time lucky. I wasn't going to pull him out again. But some people know better and won't listen