PDA

View Full Version : Difference with Lightforce Filters ?

04OFF
22nd September 2013, 08:35 PM
I am looking at putting some clear filters on my Lightforce 140s to improve the spread, i notice there is a "wide" and a "dispertion" filter available for the job, i assume the dispersion makes the light go everywhere, while the wide lens, only increases the width (not up and down) ?

I wanted to see what would give a better beam for my liking, but can't find info anywhere, and no info on the lightforce website about these filters, has anyone used both, or know where i can find the info please ?

BTW, im ONLY interested in clear filters, as i won't be putting coloured ones on.

:)

Hodge
22nd September 2013, 08:59 PM
At the recent Melbourne 4x4 show there was a stand where the bloke demonstrated different light filters. The way he was describing it, was way too technical for us ordinary folk, he got real scientific about it. Wish I paid more attention, I'd be able to answer your question now. Sorry I'm of no help.

nissannewby
22nd September 2013, 09:05 PM
I have used the wide ones on 170's. they do as you think, they give you a wide flat beam. Don't know about the dispersion ones as I haven't used them but using other styles of lighting with similar filters it does as you say and throws light all around not a great distance but yeah.

Winnie
22nd September 2013, 09:07 PM
I used to have one dispersion one pencil. Was a great combination imo

MudRunnerTD
22nd September 2013, 11:02 PM
I have never heard of the dispersion cover? Have you got a pic of one??

04OFF
23rd September 2013, 07:48 AM
I have never heard of the dispersion cover? Have you got a pic of one??

Best i can find is this listing/pic of one in a plastic case mate .......

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lightforce-Cover-Lance-140mm-Clear-Dispersion-Beam-NOS-/110974813410?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19d69d44e2#ht_2251wt_1006

Wide version...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lightforce-Cover-Lance-140mm-Clear-Wide-Beam-NOS-/300938995197?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item46115ca5fd#ht_2251wt_1006

P4trol
23rd September 2013, 10:48 PM
I can only speak for the 240xgts and the genesis. It may be the same for yours.

The stock lights come with a straight clear lens. This will put two spots x km down the road and help you see all the kangaroos that probably won't be there by the time you arrive. Optional is the whole range of coloured filters, sometimes combined with beam spreading features. There is the 'spread' and the combo (which is what I went for) a bit of each.

The beam spread can also be modified by inserting or removing an aluminium spacer between the globe and lens body. The thicker ones reduce the beam spread, and the thinner one or no spacer will widen the beam. Coupled with the combo cover it does quite well.

Once again, I am unsure if it is available for the 170s.

MudRunnerTD
24th September 2013, 12:59 AM
I found this on Google too.

http://www.lightforceworld.com.au/faqs/43-what-are-the-spot-combo-wide-angle-and-dispersion-spreads.html

04OFF
24th September 2013, 07:05 AM
Sweet , thats exactly the info i was after, thanks muddy ! ;)