PDA

View Full Version : Mixing different oils

soundfx
22nd September 2013, 05:10 PM
Is it ok to mix two different types of oils? I usually use Magnatec but the store was all out. I've still got half a drum of Magnatec that I want to use so didn't want to switch brands all together (plus the Magnetec seems to work well enough.)

NP99
22nd September 2013, 08:56 PM
I wouldn't, just buy a 4 lt of magnatec to top up what you have left in the drum.

soundfx
23rd September 2013, 09:23 AM
I usually do that but they were out. I walked out empty handed in the end - didn't want to take the risk (and I'd left my bank card at home :mad:)

SupRob
23rd September 2013, 10:17 AM
I usually do that but they were out. I walked out empty handed in the end - didn't want to take the risk (and I'd left my bank card at home :mad:)

Good excuse to go back :D Love shopping for the car,

I agree with NP99, Best to keep it the same.

NP99
23rd September 2013, 11:36 AM
Where are you buying the drum from?

soundfx
23rd September 2013, 03:10 PM
SCA - 10L drum.

threedogs
23rd September 2013, 05:52 PM
Personally I wouldn't do it, Only if its an emergency or nothing else around,.
But would change with filter asap. More than one SCA shop around

soundfx
23rd September 2013, 06:19 PM
Not when you live in the country there's not. SCA is the only place open on Sundays (the Repco near by was closed). I tried the Repco today but after standing around at the counter watching the staff talk on the phone then talk to each other while ignoring me I left all the stuff on the desk and left. Probably will never go back there again unless I'm desperate.

NP99
23rd September 2013, 10:02 PM
Not when you live in the country there's not. SCA is the only place open on Sundays (the Repco near by was closed). I tried the Repco today but after standing around at the counter watching the staff talk on the phone then talk to each other while ignoring me I left all the stuff on the desk and left. Probably will never go back there again unless I'm desperate.

We'll done, they don't get it when profits are down, they blame ebay etc. my Repco are the opposite, staff are always pleasant and trying to help. (Enoggera)