PDA

View Full Version : GQ Air Conditioning

92GQ
18th September 2013, 06:08 AM
Hi all, I have a bit of a problem with the air con in my GQ.
I turn it on and its very cold, working fine, then after 2 to 5 mins later it will turn the compressor off and not kick back in. I turn the fan and compressor off and turn it back on after 5min and it works again.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

AB
18th September 2013, 08:23 AM
Most likely the theromostat mate, have a read below from a good detailed response from Tony who helped someone else a while back.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?2506-Airconditioner-Cutting-Off

Yendor
18th September 2013, 03:23 PM
How do you know the A/C compressor is switching off? can you see the clutch on the the front of the compressor disengaging?

If your A/C compressor is turning off, it's not the same problem as per the link. I recommend not trying to adjusting the thermostat.

It could be faulty contacts in the thermostat but adjusting the thermostat will not fix this.

It could also be caused from high pressure within the A/C system. Make sure there are no external blockages in the A/C condenser and radiator. If there is a condenser fan fitted make sure it comes on when the A/C is switched on.

92GQ
18th September 2013, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the suggestions :)
I'll give them ago this weekend.

92GQ
23rd September 2013, 09:20 AM
I didn't get a chance to have a look as I decided at trip up the beach was a better idea, but i noticed the problem went away when using fan speed 1. Weird...