PDA

View Full Version : EOI - VIC Playground installer subcontracting

AB
17th September 2013, 07:28 PM
Just thought I would put this out here for now for anyone looking for subcontract work.

We are looking for a Victorian contract installer to install our commercial playground equipment. Customers are mostly schools and councils (mainly schools).

Must have a kanga digger, dingo or equivalent for playground post footings and mulch softfall installation and possible rubber soft fall install which requires b grade class 3 rock and mortar base, etc.

Previous experience in tiling is beneficial as we do install rubber tile soft fall but far from a necessity.

Must be a registered company, not hard to get pty ltd company sorted if you are keen.

This is only a rough draft as we are struggling to find competent and reliable subcontractors for our company.

I will not be dealing with you and this is purely a business discussion and your details will be passed on as I do not like to mix friends with business but it seems to be hard to find good honest and reliable workers these days!

Travel and accommodation for each install is paid if over 100km's from Bayswater and subcontractor normally gets 15% of the supply price....NOTE: Average price of a playground is between 15-30k so do the math, a great gig for someone who wants to work hard and has some sort of construction/building/landscaping knowledge. 18% for over 500km's plus extra travel and accommodation.

I can't remember the exact rates but something like $120 per night and $2 per km if location is after 100km's from Bayswater.

Anyways, if anyone's interested I can provide more professional info, just throwing it on the forum for now.

Catch = Work is subcontract and is not guranteed full time work of course being a subby, however we are a rapidly growing company based in Victoria and have a lot of work in the pipeline ready to go.

Chris79
18th September 2013, 09:50 PM
I mate,

My FIL has a fence company with truck and kanga, sounds like something he could possibly help with. Already does a lot of council work.
How many people would be required for the installs?

AB
19th September 2013, 09:16 AM
I mate,

My FIL has a fence company with truck and kanga, sounds like something he could possibly help with. Already does a lot of council work.
How many people would be required for the installs?

Our QLD bloke does it by himself but I don't recommend that. Really should have two people mate.

Most of the installers have a lacky to unpack all the gear whilst the main bloke marks all the holes, drills the footings, etc.

Then you construct the main structure of the playground in the footings, concrete everything then attach all of the accessories (climbers, slides, panels, etc)

Much easier with two people.

It's commercial quality gear so slides weight 50kg, roofs and other accessories can be pretty heavy.

taslucas
19th September 2013, 12:44 PM
I will put my hand up to be a tester.

Weeeeeee

AB
19th September 2013, 05:38 PM
I will put my hand up to be a tester.

Weeeeeee

Yeah It's not that much fun...lol....Everyone always asks, wow that must be so much fun, do you play on the playgrounds....Yeah....Nah.