PDA

View Full Version : injector pump leaking.

BLKWDW
14th September 2013, 12:03 PM
I have noticed the last few weeks with my gq td42 sitting under the carport is leaking diesel. From what i can see it leaking from under the injector pump. Does the usually mean i'm up for the expensive pump rebuild or can i just to the seal or whatever is causing the leak?

nissannewby
14th September 2013, 02:11 PM
There are a few seals that can leak that can be replaced while on the car. You can get full seal kits for theses pumps for stuff all.

AB
14th September 2013, 03:20 PM
Give it a good clean to find out exactly where It's leaking first.

If It's the top seal then you can replace it without taking pump out, so pray its the top one!

Have a read of my thread below, happened to me a while back.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?5307-Leaking-Injector-Pump-GQ-TD42

BLKWDW
14th September 2013, 10:13 PM
It's def coming from the bottom of the pump at the front. It's the only place you can see the wetness it's leaving behind.

nissannewby
14th September 2013, 10:49 PM
There is a plate on the side I think which is pretty close to the bottom the oring can perish on this and leak.

BLKWDW
15th September 2013, 09:04 AM
There is a plate on the side I think which is pretty close to the bottom the oring can perish on this and leak.

Kook will hav a close look at it.

BLKWDW
3rd October 2013, 07:34 PM
think i found the leak. Pretty sure its the place nissanewby is saying. It looks like its coming from a plate on the driver side of the pump that liiks like a similar shape to a thermostat housing/gasket. Is this just an oring?

nissannewby
3rd October 2013, 08:48 PM
Yeah just an oring the same shape as that plate.

BauerPower
5th October 2013, 08:57 AM
I have piles of spare o-rings for the td pumps. Your can have some if you want them. Im north of brissy. If it helps.

BLKWDW
10th October 2013, 01:59 PM
Yeah just an oring the same shape as that plate.

sweet

I have piles of spare o-rings for the td pumps. Your can have some if you want them. Im north of brissy. If it helps.

would you post. wat o ring will i need.

BauerPower
11th October 2013, 09:25 AM
Yeah I can post. Pm me your adderss and ill throw some in an envelope. Just to make sure, you want the one for the kinda diamond shapped plate held in by 2 m6 screws (10mm head).

Astro
11th October 2013, 09:45 AM
Awesome result

Great community

BLKWDW
15th October 2013, 06:57 PM
Yeah I can post. Pm me your adderss and ill throw some in an envelope. Just to make sure, you want the one for the kinda diamond shapped plate held in by 2 m6 screws (10mm head).

yes mate thats the one. thanks alot appreciate it. u want a bit of money for postage. pmd my address

BLKWDW
1st November 2013, 12:20 PM
I have the 3 new o rings now so replacing them, is it just a matter of unbolting the side plate removing the old o rings installing new ones then bolting back up, bleed the system and away i go?

liftlid
1st November 2013, 12:28 PM
I have the 3 new o rings now so replacing them, is it just a matter of unbolting the side plate removing the old o rings installing new ones then bolting back up, bleed the system and away i go?

Give the area a clean before removal
Make sure plate not rusty where O ring is, won't need to bleed

BauerPower
2nd November 2013, 08:53 AM
Yes make sure it is very clean. When you think its clean, clean it again. I sent you extras and a top cover one just in case.

BLKWDW
2nd November 2013, 01:03 PM
Yes make sure it is very clean. When you think its clean, clean it again. I sent you extras and a top cover one just in case.

Oh so there isnt 3 o rings to replace just one.