PDA

View Full Version : CRD Cruise Issue

NT09ST
13th September 2013, 08:08 PM
When I turn my cruise on, the set light is flashing and I cant set the cruise!!

Any one had this issue?? I did a search and didn't come up with much.

TPC
13th September 2013, 09:50 PM
Have never had it with the Patrol but had an issue with a commodore I had that a faulty brake light switch that would cause the cruise to stop working.

Drew
14th September 2013, 06:31 AM
I've had it once, it stopped after I turned ignition off and restarted. I remember it started after I did something stupid like touched the brakes when setting cruise. Like I said it was stupid.

“The best way to cheer yourself is to cheer somebody else up.” - Albert Einstein

happygu
14th September 2013, 07:38 AM
NT,

I haven't had it on my current one, but on the last one I have had it where you couldn't operate it, and stabbing the brake pedal fixed it.

Mic

NT09ST
14th September 2013, 09:17 PM
Ok well putting you foot on the brake before setting didn't help so I dug a little further, as it turns out after plugging the trailer plug in on your way to the tip, you then discover your 6mnth old kelpie has helped her self to the wiring blows the stop light fuse and then your cruise doesn't work!!

Fuse replaced, lights work, cruse works and now everyone is happy except me that now has to re wire the car trailer.

Im surprised no one mentioned it to me that my brake lights havn't worked for a week and a half!!

Cheers

happygu
14th September 2013, 09:34 PM
Ok well putting you foot on the brake before setting didn't help so I dug a little further, as it turns out after plugging the trailer plug in on your way to the tip, you then discover your 6mnth old kelpie has helped her self to the wiring blows the stop light fuse and then your cruise doesn't work!!

Fuse replaced, lights work, cruse works and now everyone is happy except me that now has to re wire the car trailer.

Im surprised no one mentioned it to me that my brake lights havn't worked for a week and a half!!

Cheers

Ha Ha ! That's Gold

Mic