PDA

View Full Version : Balancing

her4by
13th September 2013, 05:17 PM
I have a 2001 ST GU 3 ltr diesel.

I had to get the front wheel bearings and a hub replaced and since then am having issues with the balancing.

The company I took it to initially told me that my model of car is hard to balance the tyres. They then changed to story to say that they can't fit the weights between my rim (alloy) and tyre.

Has anyone had these issues? Really don't want to be stuffing around spending money when it could be a simple fix :-)

lhurley
13th September 2013, 06:10 PM
Jump over to the intro section and put a post about yourself and your rig, just something we ask all new comers to do.

For starters, the model of car doesn't effect the balance of the tyre, secondly that's bs. Unless you have after market alloys that take the weight on the inside (they should also know this) the weights will fit.

Bloodyaussie
13th September 2013, 06:13 PM
As above mate head over to the intro section and say g'day and tell us a bit about yourself.... polite and all!!!!!

her4by
16th September 2013, 02:38 PM
Sorry didn't realise! I have never done forums before.

NP99
16th September 2013, 04:01 PM
Take it to a truck or 4wd alignment shop. The average alignment shop do a rough job on cars at best.......Weights and balancing are simple jobs.

SupRob
16th September 2013, 04:13 PM
That particular tyre shop doesnt want your busniess, take it to someone who know's what they are doing and get it done once.

Would point you in the right direction if you were from brissy, dont know melbourne :(

threedogs
16th September 2013, 05:11 PM
Someone last week had same problem ,think it turned out to be a number of things, But
Yes go to a 4x4 shop and have a talk to them, Any tyre fitter worth his salt should be able to balance your tyres,
even if he needs to deflate and rotate 180 degrees.
Check your wheel bearings are spot on too, They will give you front end shake under brakes