View Full Version : Which Tyre's

patrol2.8
11th September 2013, 08:59 PM
Trying to decide which tyre to go with what do you guys think
Federal Couragia M/T
Hercules Trail Diggers
Maxxis Bighorns
Looking at a 33 12.5/r15
Thinking Federals will be quieter on the road but like the look of the Trail diggers and I have the bighorns on my work ute

macca86
11th September 2013, 09:03 PM
Wait for bf Goodrich km2 to go on sale

MEGOMONSTER
11th September 2013, 09:08 PM
Trying to decide which tyre to go with what do you guys think
Federal Couragia M/T
Hercules Trail Diggers
Maxxis Bighorns
Looking at a 33 12.5/r15
Thinking Federals will be quieter on the road but like the look of the Trail diggers and I have the bighorns on my work ute

The trAil diggers are loud on the road, like a semi passing you.

Maxhead
11th September 2013, 09:12 PM
Hey mate, depends what kind of driving you are going to do with the tyres but from that list I would go the Maxxis myself.
Figure out what your needs are and post them up here and we might be able to help

Size is another story

AB
11th September 2013, 09:19 PM
Merged threads as you posted twice...

megatexture
11th September 2013, 09:30 PM
Seen silverstone 117 sports? a mate has some and got em fairly cheap

happygu
11th September 2013, 09:33 PM
Mate - if you are in Melbourne, try Canterbury Tyre and Mag Supermarket, as they have some great prices on KM2's and they are great.

One of our group bought the Couragia's recently and seems to be happy enough, but did mention last time I asked, that he was going to sell them off soon whilst the tread was still good.

You see quite a few people are running the Big Horns on the road, so they must either be cheap or good .....

Mic

paulyg
11th September 2013, 09:35 PM
I have the Federals on mine, good tyre, they are noisy but all of those tyres on your list will be noisy.

patrol2.8
11th September 2013, 09:37 PM
Hey mate, depends what kind of driving you are going to do with the tyres but from that list I would go the Maxxis myself.
Figure out what your needs are and post them up here and we might be able to help

Size is another story
Im lucky that I don't have to drive it Mon-fri very often usually only on the weekends and 4wding usually in places like the wombat state forest etc its currently got buckshots on and they are becoming very loud under 50% tread so want something that will be quieter on the road planning on playing around the Flinders next year for about 8 weeks including a run up to Birdsville etc as for size I want 33 x 12.5 /R15s

scott.a.green
11th September 2013, 09:39 PM
I'm not sure about the others, but I've had 2 sets of Bighorns which I found to be great in the mud, just a bit loud on the tarmac. They are good performers for the money.

patrol2.8
11th September 2013, 09:57 PM
Mate - if you are in Melbourne, try Canterbury Tyre and Mag Supermarket, as they have some great prices on KM2's and they are great.

One of our group bought the Couragia's recently and seems to be happy enough, but did mention last time I asked, that he was going to sell them off soon whilst the tread was still good.

You see quite a few people are running the Big Horns on the road, so they must either be cheap or good .....

Mic

Will call them in morning I have the bighorns on my work ute that's all ways in mud and they have never let me down can get them for $300.00 a tyre fitted and balanced in Werribee was just thinking maybe try some thing different

Dave n xanths gu
16th September 2013, 07:17 PM
I'm running the bighorns n am very happy with tread, size, on road noise, off road ability....

lhurley
16th September 2013, 07:40 PM
bighorns are over rated imo. try get some km2's and you wont look back. as said earlier, look for a sale and you will get a cracker deal

Drewboyaus
16th September 2013, 07:46 PM
Wait for bf Goodrich km2 to go on sale

What he said!
If you're planning on doing those long drives KM2's are the business. Bloody quiet for a MT on the road, handle really well in the wet and are great on the tracks..
There's a good reason their normally at the pricey end.

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

Drewboyaus
16th September 2013, 07:48 PM
Double post

patrol2.8
16th September 2013, 09:43 PM
ok guys after thinking hard about tyres and the fact that one of the young blokes mickey t mtz which was only 2 weeks old decided to let go for no reason at speed (tyre just went flat) inspection found no puncture or cut in tyre I decided that after 7 years on maxxis buckshots with no problems punctures or damage from driving ive done ive gone and bought a set of bighorns so far really happy with them road noise is good the grip on wet bitumen is great just need to get out on the tracks now and see how they go compared to the buckshots

NP99
17th September 2013, 12:03 AM
bighorns are over rated imo. try get some km2's and you wont look back. as said earlier, look for a sale and you will get a cracker deal

Do you have a retailer in mind mate?

lhurley
17th September 2013, 12:09 AM
Do you have a retailer in mind mate?

No sorry bud. There was one on here a little while ago that had great deals. Can't remember the name of it though