PDA

View Full Version : your thoughts????????

cookman450
7th September 2013, 02:25 PM
here is my dilemma last year I dropped a big end on my 99 td42t it made the most horrible sound I have ever heard now saying that I want to rebuild the engine but the noise it made im pretty sure that it is going to have some extensive damage to crank rods etc ........... my mate has an old 4.2td which they pulled out of a wrecked gq the motor is running just a bit old and tired...... but I can get this motor for $800 just wanted to know the rebuild kit I have been quoted is for a turbo td42t would this kits sleeves and pistons fit the old td42 and would all the fuel pump head and the rest of stuff from my gu bolt on to the old td42 block has anyone done something like this??????????

AB
7th September 2013, 07:27 PM
Is the old TD42 block the silver top or black?

I read somewhere on here that with the black top TD42 would be ok for the TD42T pistons but I'm not sure if the old silver top was different.

Don't quote me though before you go ahead. Hopefully someone can confirm or not.

BigRAWesty
7th September 2013, 07:40 PM
First up.. Unlucky.. Extremely unlucky. Your the first TD42 that I've heard of that's collapsed internally...
If you have the time ans money rebuild yours. Pretty sure you have the boost adjustable fuel pump. But the gq motor may be the stronger of the 2.
Do you know if the gq engine is a black or silver top?

MudRunnerTD
7th September 2013, 08:13 PM
How many kms on the other Donk??? I have a mate that bought a running car recently (last month) GQ TD42 for $3,500. He immediately sold the Engine with 360,000kms on it with fuel pump attached and all bolt ons suitable for a conversion for $3,700!!! Took him 1 week to sell it on Face Book. $800 is a Bargain!!! Buy it or tell me where he is and I will buy it and put it on a pallet! BARGAIN!

Worth $2000 on a Bad day.

cookman450
7th September 2013, 11:47 PM
Don't know much about the old motor will find out and keep you posted I know it came out of a wreck