PDA

View Full Version : I got Seamus Dirty!!

2TROLLFAM
6th September 2013, 06:29 PM
Not that it's real 4x4 but what I never knew was there was power line tracks not 5mins from my house. Went looking at a block of land and found some baby tracks :) good for me to practice on but all Becs advice about my clutch etc. went out the window with an automatic YIKES + Seamus is higher & seemed wider than Frank so line picking through some if the deeper ruts was fun!!

Will going up there again to play and practice before going out with Brad somewhere alittle harder - it's like kindergarten for 4x4 LMFAO!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

04OFF
6th September 2013, 06:42 PM
Go Girl ! (ha-ha)

MEGOMONSTER
6th September 2013, 06:57 PM
Go get em tiger

MudRunnerTD
6th September 2013, 06:59 PM
Didn't happen without pics. !!!!!

2TROLLFAM
6th September 2013, 07:02 PM
AJ (my 8yr old) was in back seat with her phone videoing out the window LOL will see if she took any pics ....

Not that they'd be worth showing you guys - just a power line track with a few chewed up sections ;)

Sir Roofy
6th September 2013, 07:28 PM
still want to see

Clunk
6th September 2013, 07:30 PM
:useless:

get on with it!!!!!! lol

2TROLLFAM
6th September 2013, 08:05 PM
Naaaa she didn't take any pics and video was out the window so don't really see anything (phew)

Similar but not as wide or as long as the power line run we did at the Glasshouse Mountains last year when we all camped at Neerum Creek. And no water - was dry as

2TROLLFAM
6th September 2013, 08:06 PM
:useless:

get on with it!!!!!! lol

Yup .... That's me !!! LOL

Winnie
6th September 2013, 08:08 PM
What getting dirty with Seamus?

2TROLLFAM
6th September 2013, 08:18 PM
What getting dirty with Seamus?

LOL that's one way of putting it - everyone was right ... He has "supplanted" Frank in every way ... I just love him!!!!

Clunk
6th September 2013, 09:28 PM
Yup .... That's me !!! LOL

View it on a computer, you'll see what it is then

DX grunt
6th September 2013, 09:29 PM
You've got more guts than me. I'd never get my troll dirty. lol

taslucas
6th September 2013, 09:39 PM
Not that it's real 4x4 but what I never knew was there was power line tracks not 5mins from my house. Went looking at a block of land and found some baby tracks :) good for me to practice on but all Becs advice about my clutch etc. went out the window with an automatic YIKES + Seamus is higher & seemed wider than Frank so line picking through some if the deeper ruts was fun!!

Will going up there again to play and practice before going out with Brad somewhere alittle harder - it's like kindergarten for 4x4 LMFAO!!!

auto's are the go hey!?

shhhhh....... dont tell the manual guys though, they think they're onto something.........

2TROLLFAM
6th September 2013, 11:18 PM
Oooh I don't know - felt more in control going down steep hill in Frank but ill get used to it. 4L & 1st gear he seemed to pull himself up from racing down the hill with riding brakes

taslucas
6th September 2013, 11:33 PM
Down hill is the only time s manual is better.
There's a technique for driving down hills with autos called "driving through the brakes". You brake but also accelerate slightly and it gives you a lot of control

Winnie
6th September 2013, 11:34 PM
Down hill is the only time s manual is better.
There's a technique for driving down hills with autos called "driving through the brakes". You brake but also accelerate slightly and it gives you a lot of control

Down hill... Up hill... Side hill... I will convert you to a td42 manual!

2TROLLFAM
7th September 2013, 08:13 AM
Down hill... Up hill... Side hill... I will convert you to a td42 manual!

Amelia (Brads ute) is a TD4.2 manual ;) she's FUN!!

threedogs
7th September 2013, 08:17 AM
Don't forget to practice your stall starts,
Whats this thread about anyway no pics nothing WT lol

taslucas
7th September 2013, 08:36 AM

Pretty hard to stall an auto........

threedogs
7th September 2013, 10:48 AM
Still need to "stall"{Loose term} an auto up a hill be able to hold it there and select reverse without having your "T" bar lock on the weight of the vehicle
And yes Winnie you do it in Autos and Manual if you have done any 4x4 courses at all

So I go up a steep hill and instead of selecting neutral just before I lose forward movement I select Park, game over

Winnie
7th September 2013, 10:52 AM
And yes Winnie you do it in Autos and Manual if you have done any 4x4 courses at all

Wtf you talking to me for? Sorry anyway though, I'm just uneducated because I haven't done a 4x4 course.

taslucas
Still need to "stall"{Loose term} an auto up a hill be able to hold it there and select reverse without having your "T" bar lock on the weight of the vehicle

T bar will only lock on the weight of the vehicle if you select Park.

taslucas
Wtf you talking to me for?

hahahahahahahahaha

threedogs
7th September 2013, 10:55 AM
Just thought you may have known this so no need for the WTF I'm not deaf
That's what I was saying Lucas some slam it in Park
@ winnie never said you were un educated you did NWI

Winnie
7th September 2013, 11:02 AM
Sorry I thought you were deaf so I guess I'll stop shouting at you then? Don't know why you said my name mate

Clunk
7th September 2013, 11:55 AM

So I go up a steep hill and instead of selecting neutral just before I lose forward movement I select Park, game over

I don't get it..... What's the issue with putting an auto in park when on hills? I lived in South Wales for 16 years on a friggin steep hill. Always parked the car in "park", sure as hell wasn't going to trust the hand brake.

Did my 4x4 course in an auto and they made no mention of not putting it in park on a hill or any situation for that matter

Edit: Three dogs, after reading hurleys post, I now understand what you were getting at.

2TROLLFAM
7th September 2013, 12:40 PM

LOL geez ill get some pics of the area next time ... I was excited cuz I got him dirty - Brad thought I was a goose :)

Need to look into doing a 4x4 course for sure cuz I'm a massive chicken and need to learn properly how to handle Seamus and what he's capable of - especially whilst he still stock standard

ETA: my driveway is reasonably steep and sometimes have trouble getting him out of park but I use the "shift lock" button and he comes out ok

Who wants to come to Chuwar & teach me???? ;)

Clunk
7th September 2013, 12:48 PM
Would you like to pay for my flight over?? Hahahaha

lhurley
7th September 2013, 12:55 PM
LOL geez ill get some pics of the area next time ... I was excited cuz I got him dirty - Brad thought I was a goose :)

Need to look into doing a 4x4 course for sure cuz I'm a massive chicken and need to learn properly how to handle Seamus and what he's capable of - especially whilst he still stock standard

ETA: my driveway is reasonably steep and sometimes have trouble getting him out of park but I use the "shift lock" button and he comes out ok

Who wants to come to Chuwar & teach me???? ;)

If it's hard to get out if park, it's cause the weight of the car is on the park break. In an auto you are meant to pull up, put it in neutral, put the hand break on and take the weight of the car (foot off the break), then put it in park. Makes it heaps easier to get out of park plus puts less strain on the gearbox

2TROLLFAM
7th September 2013, 12:57 PM
Would you like to pay for my flight over?? Hahahaha

Ummmm NO !! I need to save for my flight to Sydney next week to pick up the ISUZU D-MAX I'm winning on Monday LMFAO!!!!

2TROLLFAM
7th September 2013, 12:58 PM
If it's hard to get out if park, it's cause the weight of the car is on the park break. In an auto you are meant to pull up, put it in neutral, put the hand break on and take the weight of the car (foot off the break), then put it in park. Makes it heaps easier to get out of park plus puts less strain on the gearbox

OK - that makes sense - will do that from now on ... Thanx for the tip

Clunk
7th September 2013, 01:16 PM
Ummmm NO !! I need to save for my flight to Sydney next week to pick up the ISUZU D-MAX I'm winning on Monday LMFAO!!!!

That's just sooooooooooo mean lol

Clunk
7th September 2013, 01:35 PM

I just come to a stop, keep my foot on the foot brake, put the car in park (keeping foot on brake), then pull up hand brake..... then take foot off brake.......... same thing keeps the weight off the pin.

lhurley
7th September 2013, 02:50 PM
I just come to a stop, keep my foot on the foot brake, put the car in park (keeping foot on brake), then pull up hand brake..... then take foot off brake.......... same thing keeps the weight off the pin.

Does to an extent, but if your on a hill, as soon as you take you foot off the break the car will roll ever so slightly forward, thus putting pressure on the pin as it will grab before the hand break does.

The idea is that the hand break holds the car, and the park break is more of a security. Same as leaving a manual in gear.

2TROLLFAM
7th September 2013, 03:43 PM

Tried it and worked a treat!!!!! Thanks

Clunk
7th September 2013, 04:39 PM
Does to an extent, but if your on a hill, as soon as you take you foot off the break the car will roll ever so slightly forward, thus putting pressure on the pin as it will grab before the hand break does.

The idea is that the hand break holds the car, and the park break is more of a security. Same as leaving a manual in gear.

Yeah but this is a Nissan patrol hand brake we're talking about here!!!!!!! Lol

lhurley
7th September 2013, 04:41 PM
Yeah but this is a Nissan patrol hand brake we're talking about here!!!!!!! Lol

One that actually works??

i thought patrols had good hand breaks compared to a lot of other 4x4s

2TROLLFAM
7th September 2013, 04:51 PM

Seamus' handbrake is heaps better than Franks (D40 Navarra)

Clunk
7th September 2013, 05:08 PM

Mine has a tendency of not quite being able to hold as well as I would like........ Hence the reason for the order in which I do things to put into park while on a hill.

lhurley
7th September 2013, 06:45 PM
Mine has a tendency of not quite being able to hold as well as I would like........ Hence the reason for the order in which I do things to put into park while on a hill.

That does happen over time. They can be re-tensioned in a few minutes

2TROLLFAM
7th September 2013, 06:49 PM
That does happen over time. They can be re-tensioned in a few minutes

Brad got Amelia's done a few ago - hers wouldn't even hold her on my driveway
... Which is a reasonable slope but not too bad

taslucas
7th September 2013, 06:58 PM
WOW!!!!! that driveway is OUT OF CONTROL!!!!

lhurley
7th September 2013, 06:58 PM
Brad got Amelia's done a few ago - hers wouldn't even hold her on my driveway
... Which is a reasonable slope but not too bad

How good does it look having that sexy thing out the front of your house :p

taslucas
7th September 2013, 07:03 PM
How good does it look having that sexy thing out the front of your house :p

yeah those green electrical boxes do it for me too:)

2TROLLFAM
7th September 2013, 07:07 PM
Yeah the green box is HOT!!! But not as hot as Seamus and my trailer - backing that thing up & in garage is a mission. Brad does it first go - I have about 5 attempts every time LMFAO !!

He just doesn't accept my "but honey I'm a girl - I can't do that" (meaning reverse a trailer up a hill & I to garage)

2TROLLFAM
7th September 2013, 07:09 PM
WOW!!!!! that driveway is OUT OF CONTROL!!!!

Least it goes UP ... Few houses away and and in other side of the road, the driveway is twice as steep and goes down to the house ... Stuff that - imagine how much water would run I to their garage when it rains!!

PMC
8th September 2013, 06:41 AM
[QUOTE=2TROLLFAM;420648]Not that it's real 4x4 but what I never knew was there was power line tracks not 5mins from my house. Went looking at a block of land and found some baby tracks :) good for me to practice on but all Becs advice about my clutch etc. went out the window with an automatic YIKES + Seamus is higher & seemed wider than Frank so line picking through some if the deeper ruts was fun!!

RLI

PMC
8th September 2013, 06:44 AM
G'day 2TROLLFAM,

Gees, i nearly farken shit myself when i read the title of your thread. My dads name is Seamus. lol

Regards,

RLI

2TROLLFAM
8th September 2013, 07:55 AM
G'day 2TROLLFAM,

Gees, i nearly farken shit myself when i read the title of your thread. My dads name is Seamus. lol

Regards,

RLI

LMAO !! My Patrol got called that because of one of the meanings - he's replacing my Frank (but now I see in a good way)

PMC
8th September 2013, 08:20 AM
LMAO !! My Patrol got called that because of one of the meanings - he's replacing my Frank (but now I see in a good way)

G'day 2TROLLFAM,

My father is from Manorhamilton,in north County Leitrim,Ireland (The south) as i write this post he arrived in England on Saturday to start his 3 week holiday with my 2 aunts. This will be problem his last trip over to to Ireland, he turns 80 in October.

PS, have a good holiday dad!

Regards,

RLI

2TROLLFAM
8th September 2013, 08:37 AM
G'day 2TROLLFAM,

My father is from Manorhamilton,in north County Leitrim,Ireland (The south) as i write this post he arrived in England on Saturday to start his 3 week holiday with my 2 aunts. This will be problem his last trip over to to Ireland, he turns 80 in October.

PS, have a good holiday dad!

Regards,

RLI

Have a GREAT HOLIDAY Seamus!!!
80 and still travelling - that's pretty good going, my mum not even 60 and has trouble walking from house to the car

2TROLLFAM
9th September 2013, 10:08 AM
Went up quickly this morning to take some pics :)

Bloody dust/dirt everywhere now - suppose I should go wash him LOL

rusty_nail
9th September 2013, 10:30 AM
nice pics mate! so are you coming to the october meetup?

2TROLLFAM
9th September 2013, 10:33 AM
Unfortunately not - too many bills to pay + saving for 3weeks camping up the beach with kids over Xmas holidays (January)

lhurley
9th September 2013, 01:56 PM
Went up quickly this morning to take some pics :)

Bloody dust/dirt everywhere now - suppose I should go wash him LOL

Where about is this?? Looks pretty similar to across the road from my work (larapinta), which just got shut down. You can pm me if you dont want to give away your play area

2TROLLFAM
9th September 2013, 02:11 PM
Where about is this?? Looks pretty similar to across the road from my work (larapinta), which just got shut down. You can pm me if you dont want to give away your play area

It's like 3mins from my house, been here 2yrs & only just found it last week when looking at a block of land for sale.

It's not a serious 4x4 area but good for me to practice ;)

Chuwar/Karalee (near Ipswich)

lhurley
9th September 2013, 02:14 PM
It's like 3mins from my house, been here 2yrs & only just found it last week when looking at a block of land for sale.

It's not a serious 4x4 area but good for me to practice ;)

Chuwar/Karalee (near Ipswich)

Better then nothing. Thats pretty close to work, might have to have a look 1 day

2TROLLFAM
9th September 2013, 02:52 PM
Better then nothing. Thats pretty close to work, might have to have a look 1 day

Find "DAN STREET, CHUWAR", follow it to the very end (it turns to dirt) - little track off to the right will take you over to the main track that follows the power lines up the hill. Motorbikes have been up there so keep an eye out for them - heaps of other tracks veer off the main one

2TROLLFAM
9th September 2013, 07:04 PM

taslucas
9th September 2013, 07:08 PM
Went up quickly this morning to take some pics

WOW!!!! That is steep!!! Lol
Nearly as bad as your driveway!!

2TROLLFAM
9th September 2013, 07:33 PM
WOW!!!! That is steep!!! Lol
Nearly as bad as your driveway!!

It's steep for sookie la la me :)~

taslucas
9th September 2013, 07:47 PM
It's steep for sookie la la me :)~

And the trees grow on a weird angle....must be very windy there!

2TROLLFAM
9th September 2013, 07:53 PM
And the trees grow on a weird angle....must be very windy there!

LMFAO !! I was like WTF!! Then looked at pic again, that's funny didnt notice the angle I actually took pic on. If it makes ya feel better I did slip on me arse not long after taking that ...

taslucas
9th September 2013, 07:55 PM
That makes me feel way better!! Lmao

2TROLLFAM
9th September 2013, 08:18 PM
That makes me feel way better!! Lmao

Oh that's good!! LOL my big fat ass doesn't :(