PDA

View Full Version : Decisions, decisions...

mudnut
5th September 2013, 07:15 PM
G,day, all. Well, well, here's one for the books. We are going to buy a new, more robust ride on lawn mower, and are retiring the old one, at last. The decision is this: I am allowed to build the old one into another racing mower, or I can keep the Old Trol. I tried the old " But we need the Patrol to tow the racing mower." argument, but that didn't wash. It is a thrill to build a racing mower that goes from zero to 90kph, to zero up our 120 metre driveway, ( the fastest I could get any car to do the same was 65)and even better to watch it do laps at incredible speeds. I'm gunna have to really weigh all the pros and cons for this one. One con for the Old Trol, is that it cost me $120 to fill today.

MudRunnerTD
5th September 2013, 07:19 PM
G,day, all. Well, well, here's one for the books. We are going to buy a new, more robust ride on lawn mower, and are retiring the old one, at last. The decision is this: I am allowed to build the old one into another racing mower, or I can keep the Old Trol. I tried the old " But we need the Patrol to tow the racing mower." argument, but that didn't wash. It is a thrill to build a racing mower that goes from zero to 90kph, to zero up our 120 metre driveway, ( the fastest I could get any car to do the same was 65)and even better to watch it do laps at incredible speeds. I'm gunna have to really weigh all the pros and cons for this one. One con for the Old Trol, is that it cost me $120 to fill today.

Ya can't sell he patrol unless you own 2!!!! $120 to fill!!!! Damn ! Mine was $238 today!!

Clunk
5th September 2013, 07:37 PM
cant take your family out offroading on a mower and they're not legal. You'll get more use out of trol than a mower.............................. those 3 will do for now lol

boots
5th September 2013, 07:57 PM
Your dog will not have a mobile kennel if you sell the patrol mate .

mudnut
5th September 2013, 07:58 PM
cant take your family out offroading on a mower and they're not legal. You'll get more use out of trol than a mower.............................. those 3 will do for now lol

Well, my Missus doesn't like 4w driving, and I've got one kid almost ready to head to Uni, and the others are indifferent. Its not just the use of the racer, I've got plenty of space to ride it, and a local race in Feb, but it is the designing, building and tuning that I like. I have only got HT tyres on the Trol too, and its gunna be expensive to get ATs.

BigRAWesty
5th September 2013, 07:59 PM
You'll regret it mate..

Winnie
5th September 2013, 08:00 PM
That mower sounds fun! Lmao

Sent from my iPad using Motorculture mobile app

mudnut
5th September 2013, 08:09 PM
You have no idea, Winnie. My last one was powered by a Honda CB 400 four cylinder, which I built from a box of parts, I bought for $75. It had 4 carbies, 6 forward gears, and I fitted 4 kingswood coils to the twin sets of points. In the end, I had to de-tune it just so it wouldn't destroy itself. It was a freaking monster.

Winnie
5th September 2013, 08:19 PM
Also sounds a lot more deadly than a Patrol... Lol

Sent from my iPad using Motorculture mobile app

mudnut
5th September 2013, 08:24 PM
The decision doesn't have to be made straight away, so I'll draw up a list of the pros and cons, and have a good soul search.

boots
5th September 2013, 08:27 PM
The dog looked so comfy in the back at AB's place. how could you ?

megatexture
5th September 2013, 08:36 PM
What happened to the last mower? I'd personally keep the troll and put the mower out to pasture lol

mudnut
5th September 2013, 09:07 PM
The dog looked so comfy in the back at AB's place. how could you ?

Ahhh, that's what you're talking about. I forgot you saw the dog at Andy's. I don't usually let him in the Trol, cause then our other dog gets in as well, and she moults wispy hairs all over the place. It gets dangerous to drive as they annoy my eyes.

mudnut
5th September 2013, 09:09 PM
You'll regret it mate..

Maybe, but that's why I started the thread: to get youse to talk me out of it. lol

BigRAWesty
5th September 2013, 09:09 PM
Mate.. Do I need to come slap you..
Really.. You can't take a mower threw the Grampians.. Or robe.. Blue mountains..

mudnut
5th September 2013, 09:11 PM
What happened to the last mower? I'd personally keep the troll and put the mower out to pasture lol

It's a long story. Short version: rolled it scrapped it.

Bloodyaussie
5th September 2013, 09:12 PM
Mate.. Do I need to come slap you..
Really.. You can't take a mower threw the Grampians.. Or robe.. Blue mountains..

Here here....... I have been involved in racing for years but enough is enough and now its time to take the time a smell the roses..

mudnut
6th September 2013, 03:49 PM
What were you racing, BA?

taslucas
6th September 2013, 04:43 PM
Con: sell the trol, no one from the forum will be your friend

happygu
6th September 2013, 05:35 PM
Mudnut,

I have the solution - best of both worlds ..... make the Trol into a racing mower ......

BigRAWesty
6th September 2013, 05:53 PM
Or better still, turn the gq into a comp truck.. Done sold.. That's the New plan...