PDA

View Full Version : What is it worth.. need serious answers please. register-able LS1

BigRAWesty
5th September 2013, 05:20 PM
OK..

i have found what i think is a gem..
GQ 1990 LWB that is engineered and register-able for a LS1. no motor but a 4.5 gear box (unsure if there the same as a 4.2 or not)

Body is in good nick, little rust under front window and the rear window frames are shot
3" lift and 2" body.. Adjustable front shocks but that's it, rest is stock.

Interior is all there but in pieces

Has got dual fuel, but im looking at flogging the LR sub tank, but gas will stay. full gas setup and LS1 radiator is there.. ill be leaving all the pump and that on so it'll just need the tank again..

Has taken a decent scrub ion front PS 1/4, but panel only, indicator is still good

4.1 diffs and 31 road tires..

so he's asking 1500, but im thinking $1000 as its virtually stock suspension.

Thoughts please.. or offers :thumbup:

MudRunnerTD
5th September 2013, 05:24 PM
Ready for an LS1 without any inspections! It's a winner Kallen. If it comes with the Engineers Cert then I reckon it's a bargain mate.

BigRAWesty
5th September 2013, 05:26 PM
I'm not looking as the project, but to onsell once I've finished with. Pretty much rolling cab and chassis..

MudRunnerTD
5th September 2013, 05:31 PM
I'd be seriously thinking of finding a cheap LS1 and getting it roadworthy. The Engineers Cert is only worth mony to that car. The engine number downt matter to the cert.

For parts then $1000 is probably all it's worth at best I think. You might get $1500 back out of it striped down. The cab has rust and No Motor so a Second hand LPG system is not worth much (illegal to fit into another car infact)

If you put a motor in it then its probably back up around $7k to $10k depending on the rest I would think. That engineers cert is worth coin mate. Only if you use it though otherwise its pointless.

menace 2
5th September 2013, 05:34 PM
I find it most of the time Westy to pay more and try and get less issues..and maybe a runner....each to their own...do the sums and get as close to a final figure you can to determine what it will end up costing you in time and money ...also depends on what you want to do with it....hard to tell someone to go ahead and buy something with everyone possibly having different mandates for a vehicle..

BigRAWesty
5th September 2013, 05:34 PM
Fair call..
There is no adaptor plate though. They took the LS1, conversion kit and original auto gearbox out. And bolted a 4.5 manual gearbox in..

BigRAWesty
5th September 2013, 05:41 PM
I find it most of the time Westy to pay more and try and get less issues..and maybe a runner....each to their own...do the sums and get as close to a final figure you can to determine what it will end up costing you in time and money ...also depends on what you want to do with it....hard to tell someone to go ahead and buy something with everyone possibly having different mandates for a vehicle..

Yea I'm not looking at getting it running, just parts for my q..

MudRunnerTD
5th September 2013, 05:44 PM
Hmmmm bugger about the conversion kit.

Soo a better question is what has it got that you want???? What are they worth to buy? Once strip what do you think you will get for th roller?

BigRAWesty
5th September 2013, 05:47 PM
Also only has rear section of exhaust.. So just looking at parts I'm looking at $5g to get running...
I think I'll be just parting out..

MudRunnerTD
5th September 2013, 05:53 PM
Then do the math on what you want to take off I and what the rest is worth to sell. Factor in you location when selling as you will have to freight most items.

It really comes down to this mate, is there $1000 worth of parts on it that you want and need? If there is then buy it and sell what you can as bonus money and crush the rest. Everything you sell from then is a bonus because you needed the bits you stripped anyway. That'd be my logic anyway mate.

BigRAWesty
5th September 2013, 07:24 PM
Might have a sale on the body. So could be worth it yet..

nissannewby
5th September 2013, 09:14 PM
I wouldn't. The engineers cert is the cheapest part of a ls conversion. I know someone who did absolutely everything himself bar adaptors, brackets and headers, he did all the wiring and associated fab work and it only just scraped in under 10k