PDA

View Full Version : Front wheel/steering... Clunk!!

Coldcomfort
3rd September 2013, 03:52 PM
I was reversing into a car park today. As I turned the steering wheel I heard and felt a clunk. WTF I thought to myself.

Long stroy short, I drove straight home and got out my wheel brace and checked the wheel nuts... yep, they all were easy to get another 5 or 10 deg turn from them. Go for another drive and no more clunking.... Thanks to the info that get a good public airing on forums like this I was all over this like a rash!! :049:

BTW, its a 2012 ST with the nissan alloys.

threedogs
3rd September 2013, 04:03 PM
You must have missed the last "National Check your nuts" day, good to see you tightened them in time.
No damage done I trust??
Out of interest when was the last time wheels were off???

Coldcomfort
3rd September 2013, 04:17 PM
You must have missed the last "National Check your nuts" day, good to see you tightened them in time.
No damage done I trust??
Out of interest when was the last time wheels were off???

Wheels were off about 2 months ago at ARB getting the springs and shocks etc. No damage at all. Just a good lesson.

threedogs
3rd September 2013, 04:23 PM
I was told after getting anything done with the wheels re tighten after 15-20 k.
In your case or next time check them again when you get home

Coldcomfort
3rd September 2013, 05:06 PM
I was told after getting anything done with the wheels re tighten after 15-20 k.
In your case or next time check them again when you get home

My car has only done 15K.... I think that this might be a weekly thing.... Especially when my wife drives it quite often...

oncedisturbed
4th September 2013, 12:09 AM
WTF??? Clunk must be getting busy these days, getting into everything lol

Back on topic, lucky you found the issue, all sorts of dramas could've happened

megatexture
4th September 2013, 12:17 AM
It's not just nissan alloys I've had it with steel rims also I'm more inclined to think its the studs or nuts.

Front left ?

Coldcomfort
4th September 2013, 08:57 AM
It's not just nissan alloys I've had it with steel rims also I'm more inclined to think its the studs or nuts.

Front left ?

Drivers front in this case...

megatexture
4th September 2013, 09:47 AM
Mmm odd must have simply been the apprentice on the torque wrench if they even used one