PDA

View Full Version : remove egr pipe

buddy4.2
3rd September 2013, 10:42 AM
hello has any one removed the egr pipe on a 2004 gu 4.2 ltr the pipe is on the rear of the turbo it screws in .but I do not wish to rear move the turbo or the manifold is there a way of doing this I have blocked the egr but would like to just take it off all together.any help please,,

nissannewby
3rd September 2013, 01:25 PM
You can get it out without removing the turbo. It actually bolts onto the manifold, its a little tight but you can access it from underneath. Then undo the other end from the cooler, remove the cooler and then remove the pipe. It frees up a bit of room too for oil filter changing.

tonyhoughton
6th August 2014, 10:18 PM
digging up an old post here..... but...

when removing the cooler... the 2 heater hoses that connect to it... would it be better to get a new hose and join it through ? (possibly putting a coolant filter in the mix)
or would it be better to remote the T from the top hose and replace with straight though and then blank the hose off that goes back in to the top of the block?

how thick do you think the plate needs to be blanking the exhaust manifold? 2mm?

cheers tony.

nissannewby
6th August 2014, 10:24 PM
When I did mine I just joined the 2 hoses with a male-male barb. It has been like this for nearly 3 years now. You could quite easily use the heater hose from the earlier gu td42t that did not have the egr.

The plate for the exhaust manifold should be a similiar thickness to the flange on the pipe you remove. 2mm is to thin. I would use 4 or 5mm as it does have to deal with some heat.