PDA

View Full Version : Something different - power/fuelless refrigeration

Maxhead
9th January 2011, 07:44 PM
Something different and a great little camping tool....I WANT ONE!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSdXqmnNCp0

Bigrig
9th January 2011, 07:50 PM
Outstanding!!!!! I would not only happily pay $40 for this (which is US dollars I assume, so that means about 12 cents Australian currently!! lol), but for the ice used when camping, and/or the cost of an Engel, etc, etc, I would happily pay double ... well ... so long as it works of course!!

Maxhead
9th January 2011, 08:03 PM
Think I'd rather have my Engel, but that is a great development that has huge potential.

haha, I don't think I'll be throwing my Engel out yet either, but definitely has potential

Bigrig
9th January 2011, 08:09 PM
I don't have one to throw away - hence my comment!!! LOL ... I want an Engel, but the list just seems to get bigger and bigger the more I keep spending!!! lol ...

Sir Roofy
9th January 2011, 08:17 PM
think for the moment ill stick with our wacoe

roofy

gxr
12th January 2011, 08:39 AM
Sounds fantastic ! I want one of these !

Macgyver
12th January 2011, 08:57 AM
If you ever go to Silverton near Broken hill, the Museum there has one of the original systems. Apparently been there since the early 1850's when they first started mining. The story was they bought one in from England to cool the beer at the Silverton Brewery. Got to have cold beer!!!!

Bigrig
12th January 2011, 09:00 AM
If you ever go to Silverton near Broken hill, the Museum there has one of the original systems. Apparently been there since the early 1850's when they first started mining. The story was they bought one in from England to cool the beer at the Silverton Brewery. Got to have cold beer!!!!

Wow ... hard to believe the concept has been around for 160 years!!! But as said, necessity drives innovation, and the beer MUST be cold!!!! LOL

Mrricsta25
16th January 2011, 11:55 PM
I don't have one to throw away - hence my comment!!! LOL ... I want an Engel, but the list just seems to get bigger and bigger the more I keep spending!!! lol ...

tell me about it does the list ever end, ive just bought a gu and i reckon i could spend 10 grand tomorrow IF i had the money. lol