PDA

View Full Version : Goldfields nissan. Avoid thier service dept.

Remdogg
30th August 2013, 08:40 PM
I just wanted to warn everyone about Goldfields Nissan. Just had my car service which was ok except for overfilling the engine oil. I asked them to check out the rear left hand indicator that wasn't working. When I picked up the car the tried slugging me 140 for repairing the wiring. I said that I expected it to be a warranty repair so why didn't anyone call me with a price so they ended up not charging me.

You would think im happy with that ....... wrong.

2 weeks later it stopped working so I got down there and had a look. From what was a wire that came out the plug they have now cut the loom and bridge over to another wire that they cut and put all 3 ends together and did a soldering job that was disgraceful and finished it off in a big ball of elec tape.

Ive given them a colorful phone call and let them know how average their work is but thought anyone else living in the area should know how they operate. I will drive 350 kms to esprence for my 40000 service as there is nothing good in Kalgoorlie.

Bloodyaussie
30th August 2013, 08:41 PM
Careful naming and shaming..... I am all for it myself!!!

happygu
30th August 2013, 09:31 PM
I just wanted to warn everyone about Goldfields Nissan. Just had my car service which was ok except for overfilling the engine oil. I asked them to check out the rear left hand indicator that wasn't working. When I picked up the car the tried slugging me 140 for repairing the wiring. I said that I expected it to be a warranty repair so why didn't anyone call me with a price so they ended up not charging me.

You would think im happy with that ....... wrong.

2 weeks later it stopped working so I got down there and had a look. From what was a wire that came out the plug they have now cut the loom and bridge over to another wire that they cut and put all 3 ends together and did a soldering job that was disgraceful and finished it off in a big ball of elec tape.

Ive given them a colorful phone call and let them know how average their work is but thought anyone else living in the area should know how they operate. I will drive 350 kms to esprence for my 40000 service as there is nothing good in Kalgoorlie.

If it is anything like my old one, it was a broken towbar wiring loom that uses solid core wire about half the size of the Nissan wiring, and the factory wiring is small enough to start with.

With it the accessory towbar loom being so thin and solid core, most of the wires broke....... It was the most disgusting / cheap piece of wiring that I have ever seen, and I had mine replaced under warranty.

Remdogg
1st September 2013, 05:26 PM
I got out there and fixed it. 1 wire had pulled out of the 4 plug. Instead of fitting it back in the plug they decided to cut one of the other wires and twist all 3 ends together. Im not really sure how it worked. I can't really understand the path the electricity would have taken, maybe thats why it didnt last. I removed their wiring. Pulled the plug apart and soldered the wire back in there. Removed the dodge 3 way piece and joined the wire they wire cut and covered with heat shrink that had a smige of silicon each end to seal it........ Still not working........ Replaced the globe and what do ya know. All good.