PDA

View Full Version : Access to those rare and extremely valuable patrol manuals!

PMC
29th August 2013, 02:27 PM
G'day Forum Trendsetters!

I personally think that AB should only allow access to those rare and valuable Patrol manuals to Forum Sponsors members "only".

The reason i say this is, the information sourced in those rare Patrol manuals are extremely valuable information. That information should only be shared amongst those loyal members whom are dedicated in supporting this fantastic forum. That way it stops the users & squeezers from obtaining this hard to come by information.

As previously advised to AB, we live in a world where "some people" just love take and give nothing in return. Hence the (users & squeezers!) tag.

PS, What are the forum members thoughts on this issue?

Regards,

Paul (RLI)

:icon_victory:

NissanGQ4.2
29th August 2013, 02:39 PM
Paul

I agree with you 100% that the manuals should be moved to a Forum Sponsors only section and Andy is well aware that a lot of members agree with your view as this has topic has been discussed many times before.

At the end of the day its Andy's call on how and by whom the manuals are accessed and we all should respect his decisions

Cheers

Todd

BigRAWesty
29th August 2013, 02:45 PM
Yes, I agree. But of late the issue has been people stealing the address and posting it elsewhere so those people can just bypass the system.. Quite sneaky really..

nissannewby
29th August 2013, 02:45 PM
I agree to an extent. AB is a good man for giving us the opportunity to have access to these manuals. I have also in a lot of research discovered how secretive some people can be with information although the technology isn't new. An old saying comes to mind "Give like you expect nothing in return". While people may come here just for manuals the ones that stay and make this place what is and also the friends AB has made through here I would say is a very rewarding return.

Steve4wdin
29th August 2013, 02:52 PM
Thanks Paul, (RLI) you just kicked me into gear. Just sent pm to Andy.
Steve

rusty_nail
29th August 2013, 03:04 PM
i think that is a good idea but isnt there a problem then with andy being seen to recieve financial gain from potentially pirated materail?

Bob
29th August 2013, 03:07 PM
Agree should only be available to Forum Sponsors

Kast
29th August 2013, 03:27 PM
Great idea.

I'd be interested to know if there's any trends in member usage once they crack 25 posts and download the manuals. Do they come back or po?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Steve4wdin
29th August 2013, 03:47 PM
Great idea.

I'd be interested to know if there's any trends in member usage once they crack 25 posts and download the manuals. Do they come back or po?

Gee I'm at 320 and haven't even looked at a manual.

NissanGQ4.2
29th August 2013, 03:57 PM
i think that is a good idea but isnt there a problem then with andy being seen to recieve financial gain from potentially pirated materail?

One would not be receiving financial gain for the manuals as he would only be receiving financial gain because a member becomes a Forum Sponsor who will benefit from the below

You will see no advertisement on the forum. The forum will run faster and pages will load quicker.

The sidebar will not be shown either. Just the normal original design of the forum.

An exclusive forum sponsor logo will appear under your profile.

You will have the ability to create your very own custom title.

Your Private Message (PM) storage will increase from 200 messages to 2000.

You will be able to have a maximum of ten lines in your signature.

Best of all, the forum will run faster for you without pesky advertisements.

No mention of having access to the manuals *L*

If Nissan want to get him for copyright material I'm sure they would've done it by now

NissanGQ4.2
29th August 2013, 04:00 PM
Great idea.

A lot don't come back on after they have the manual and then there are a few like myself that originally joined for the manual that are still here :)

krbrooking
29th August 2013, 04:10 PM
A lot don't come back on after they have the manual and then there are a few like myself that originally joined for the manual that are still here :)

I am the same as you mate. My old man originally joined for the manual, I have now also joined and have not looked back. This is an awesome community and a lot of good things have come from here.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

PMC
29th August 2013, 04:15 PM
Gee I'm at 320 and haven't even looked at a manual.

G'day Steve,

I am like you mate, Fark, i only discovered the GU one yesterday and i have over 1400 posts. OK, i am Irish. lol

Regards,

RLI

Clunk
29th August 2013, 04:44 PM
G'day Steve,

I am like you mate, Fark, i only discovered the GU one yesterday and i have over 1400 posts. OK, i am Irish. lol

Regards,

RLI

I found this place looking for a user manual (which I still can't find), already had the Haynes manual and only a couple of weeks ago actually downloaded the full on big mother for the GQ, then downloaded the GU manual for a international member who although had plenty of posts had insufficient download capabilities, he only wanted info on the AT and TF.
There's pros and cons, no matter if they stay where they are or get moved into a forum sponsors only area.

Winnie
29th August 2013, 05:02 PM
I found this place looking for a user manual (which I still can't find), already had the Haynes manual and only a couple of weeks ago actually downloaded the full on big mother for the GQ, then downloaded the GU manual for a international member who although had plenty of posts had insufficient download capabilities, he only wanted info on the AT and TF.
There's pros and cons, no matter if they stay where they are or get moved into a forum sponsors only area.

Same here, and I would say that if I had of had to become a sponsor to get the manuals I probably would not have signed up.

Clunk
29th August 2013, 05:34 PM
Same here, and I would say that if I had of had to become a sponsor to get the manuals I probably would not have signed up.

That wouldn't have been a great loss there Pooh!!!!!!!!!! Bwahahahahahahahhaaha :what::eek::D

Steve4wdin
29th August 2013, 05:42 PM
G'day Steve,

Regards,

RLI
Truth be known Paul, I am just to lazy to read the bloody things. I would rather ask somebody on here who knows. That's why I joined up. Great bunch and a lot of knowledge.

mudski
29th August 2013, 05:59 PM
Well the other way around this is to raise the post limit too around 100 I think would be good. I think by the time the member does their 100th post they would be interested enough to stay. Also, maybe, when they reach the 100th post is is only available to them by request to a moderator or Andy. Dunno...

Clunk
29th August 2013, 06:06 PM
Well the other way around this is to raise the post limit too around 100 I think would be good.

And then the forum would be spammed the crap out of even more................

Round and round in circles we go, where it ends know one will know :D

AB
29th August 2013, 08:11 PM

Awesome replies gents and I'm feeling the love!!!!

Rusty_Nail has a very valid point which has always been a concern of mine.

SonOf
29th August 2013, 08:15 PM
I already owned the GU manuals in hard copy and CD before I joined.
I get more from the input of the propeller heads in here and to other peoples experiences etc. Think I have got more info that way than anything else, hence I became a sponsor as it was the best way I could give something back.

AB
29th August 2013, 08:18 PM
I get more from the input of the propeller heads in here and to other peoples experiences etc. Think I have got more info that way than anything else, hence I became a sponsor as it was the best way I could give something back.

And an added donation which never ceases to amaze me the quality of members we have here.

Always amazed and all i can say is thank you!!

AB
29th August 2013, 08:22 PM
I agree to an extent. AB is a good man for giving us the opportunity to have access to these manuals. I have also in a lot of research discovered how secretive some people can be with information although the technology isn't new. An old saying comes to mind "Give like you expect nothing in return". While people may come here just for manuals the ones that stay and make this place what is and also the friends AB has made through here I would say is a very rewarding return.

Wise words mate and very very true!!!!

Clunk
29th August 2013, 08:24 PM
And an added donation which never ceases to amaze me the quality of members we have here.

Always amazed and all i can say is thank you!!

Now hurry up and show us what you're up to with our photos!!!!!! :D

taslucas
29th August 2013, 08:32 PM
I joined the 4wda forum because that's what you do lol. A month later I tried to join p4x4 and got the run around and couldn't sign up even after repeated emails to the admin there. A week after that, I joined this forum and not only was it easy to sign up but I got welcomed and helped with my account by friendly members (thanks Todd and Andy). It was months after that before I even realised THERE WAS MANUALS TO DOWNLOAD! Lol and then it was a few thousand posts after that before I got round to downloading the GQ one........and I've only used it to or three times lol.
THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR MAKING THIS AN AWESOME PLACE:-)

AB
29th August 2013, 08:46 PM

I'm ready to go just need someone else to help me now...wink wink

mudnut
29th August 2013, 09:14 PM

Maybe its a private thing? lol

Avo
29th August 2013, 09:21 PM
Fine I want a yellow banner too...I will soon have a safety banner under my name..Thats fitting.

Clunk
29th August 2013, 09:26 PM
Fine I want a yellow banner too...I will soon have a safety banner under my name..Thats fitting.

You definitely need one of those mate lol

PMC
30th August 2013, 09:27 AM

Good onya mate!

Regards,

RLI

PMC
30th August 2013, 09:33 AM
Wise words mate and very very true!!!!

G'day AB,

Can i get nissannewby a pink forum sponsor banner, it will go with those eye lashes on the GQ. lol

Regards,

RLI

joeker
30th August 2013, 01:11 PM
Forum sponsor? What is this forum sponsor thing?

Better look into this - I only joined because I needed help and I got it quick smart (thatks guys) so perhaps I should sponsor up and give a little back.

Better do some research.

Winnie
30th August 2013, 01:15 PM

Better look into this - I only joined because I needed help and I got it quick smart (thatks guys) so perhaps I should sponsor up and give a little back.

Better do some research.

Good on ya mate!

rusty_nail
30th August 2013, 01:25 PM

Better do some research.

Forum Sponsorship link (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/sponsorship.html)

there ya go mate its only $20 and TBH, i think thats not much to pay for all the wealth of knowledge we get here.

AB
30th August 2013, 06:57 PM
G'day AB,

Can i get nissannewby a pink forum sponsor banner, it will go with those eye lashes on the GQ. lol

Regards,

RLI

Sure can...lol

Avo
30th August 2013, 07:07 PM
I use to pay 100 on a rc heli forum and all I did was crash more...20 bucks is chicken feed,by the way AB do I get my yellow safety banner tonight as I might need it..