PDA

View Full Version : Sluggish Performance.

RCKIWI
29th August 2013, 01:25 PM
Hello all!!

I have a 2003 GU111 non common rail 3.0 ST wagon with a sluggish performance issue. I've cleaned the MAF sensor, and now it is in the garage as my knowledge is very limited mechanically. My mechanic is having a good look at it (in his own time so that saves $$) and he has mentioned it may be the injectors although he's hoping it isn't as he said this will prove very expensive for me.

My question is: Are there any aftermarket injectors available at a reasonable cost? and where do I locate them?

Any advice/ assistance would be greatly appreciated so I can get Pat back out where she belongs exploring The Top End!

dirtygu
29th August 2013, 01:44 PM
I have not seen of any aftermarket injectors on the market
When.you say sluggish how bad is it compaired to before and is there any other things it is doing blowing smoke ect ??

RCKIWI
29th August 2013, 02:57 PM
It is noticeably down on acceleration and just loses everything going up hills that it used to cruise up in 5th easily.

It is not blowing smoke at all, the exhaust is very clean.

I've seen some injectors on ebay at a cost of $770 for four, but I'm not sure if I trust ebay when it comes to my Patrol!

RCKIWI
29th August 2013, 02:59 PM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-DIESEL-INJECTORS-X-4-NISSAN-PATROL-NAVARA-ZD30-3-0L-TURBO-DIESEL-/120972547281?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c2a8694d1

This is the link to the injectors I've found.

RCKIWI
30th August 2013, 08:38 AM
New injectors on the way, lets see what happens after they're installed.......

threedogs
30th August 2013, 01:10 PM
Hope that's the problem, fingers crossed

RCKIWI
30th August 2013, 02:48 PM
New injectors ordered and going in this week, MAF sensor all cleaned, catch can going in, EGR getting blocked off right now, snorkel fitted, suspension being checked and sorted right now (it has a 3 inch lift that I want to be sure is safe and functional, foam cell shocks all round maybe the solution...), all seats except the driver and passenger ripped out (more room for interior mods!)new steering dampener put on right now, new stereo and 4 new speakers installed, new 16 inch steel rims and GT Komodo muddies installed, wheel bearings serviced and repacked, new brake rotors/ pads ordered ready for installation when they arrive, secondary fuel tank lines ripped out and replaced.......

I reckon that's a good start for this month, the missus says I can spend more next month and September's only 2 days away...........

The rest of the NADS setup is definitely the next item on the agenda! I figure there's no point in being shy about spending $$$ on the machine that's going to take us all over Australia when the build is complete!

I was thinking of removing all the plastic flaring around it and smoothing off all the panels. Has anyone done this/ seen it done? If so, does anyone have any photos? and don't worry, I'm not making it pretty then only going on sealed roads - this Patrol will be out amongst the chaos somewhere every weekend! (and our NT wet season is just around the corner........)

I also figured it'd make much more sense to get the mechanicals sorted before I really start with the bull bars, light bars, interior mods, roof rack.........

PATROL KING
23rd September 2013, 05:24 AM
was it the injectors?

RCKIWI
23rd September 2013, 04:21 PM
The injectors made a massive difference and it the acceleration is now absolutely staggering!

I'm just waiting on the last of my NADS parts to arrive and then she getting that fully installed which should help with the limp mode caused by the over boosting.......it bloody well better!!!

Patrol's- Gotta love em or you'll go insane!

threedogs
23rd September 2013, 04:59 PM
You'll be impressed after you fit your NADS,
Disconnect the battery when doing it too,
Why not clean the MAF you threw in the bin?

PATROL KING
23rd September 2013, 07:03 PM
I've installed a new maf this arvo(even though I'd cleaned the old one and it was in spec)u can't be to sure with these things.
Disconnected the battery for an hour. Is this long enough to reset the Ecu?
Kept the old maf as a spare. Will see if new maf has solved my problem tomorrow on the way to work.

mudski
23rd September 2013, 07:05 PM
Though I have been told and its been said to do so. I have never bothered with unplugging the battery.

RCKIWI
24th September 2013, 12:37 PM
The MAF hasn't gone in the bin, it was cleaned using the appropriate spay (MAF sensor cleaner)

threedogs
24th September 2013, 01:05 PM
Cool might be an Urban myth about disconnecting the Battery,
Maybe Yendor could shed a bit more light on the subject.
1/2 hr is plenty , that is if it works or not, juries out on it ATM

PATROL KING
24th September 2013, 06:21 PM
Well no real noticeable change today with new maf.
Could it be injectors? They`ve done 210000.

threedogs
24th September 2013, 06:24 PM
Try running some injector cleaner on a regular basis

mudski
24th September 2013, 06:45 PM
The MAF hasn't gone in the bin, it was cleaned using the appropriate spay (MAF sensor cleaner)

Doesn't mean that maf is not foobar though.

PATROL KING
25th September 2013, 05:34 AM
Try running some injector cleaner on a regular basis
Have been running fuel doctor through it every second tank since I bought it new in 2003.

threedogs
25th September 2013, 07:06 AM
@ PK are all hoses in good nick no splits ,including the small vacuum hoses.

PATROL KING
25th September 2013, 05:50 PM
@ PK are all hoses in good nick no splits ,including the small vacuum hoses.

Yep all checked and all ok.
It doesn`t really drop any boost , it is when I hit a hill it`s got no go like before. Feels like I`m towing the camper trailer again on hills. Egt`s climb to about 470 and boost at 8-10 up hills but the car just slows down to the point I have to change from 5th to 4th and then on big long hills like a range even back to 3rd.

PATROL KING
30th September 2013, 06:10 PM
Wound in some more boost through the dawes and adjusted needle valve accordingly.
Going better know .

Lionel84
1st October 2013, 01:06 AM
Have you tried lifting your foot off the brake? Hahaha :P

Well done on the Anti Detonation. I will be doing the same to my Y61 ZD30 :)

RCKIWI
1st October 2013, 03:56 PM
Well no real noticeable change today with new maf.
Could it be injectors? They`ve done 210000.

I've just replaced my injectors (my GU's just about to go through 280'000km) and it's made a huge difference!

RCKIWI
1st October 2013, 03:57 PM
Doesn't mean that maf is not foobar though.

True, true. I'll get a new MAF just to be safe, may as well it's just another dent in the old wallet!!

Lucky I love my Patrol!

PATROL KING
1st October 2013, 06:42 PM
I've just replaced my injectors (my GU's just about to go through 280'000km) and it's made a huge difference!

Did u just get the nozzles done?
What wasthe cost for the work?

RCKIWI
2nd October 2013, 10:36 AM
The injectors cost me $632 for all four. A fella got hold of me on here with that extremely nice price. The work itself was done as part of a big lot of work, so I'm not 100% sure how much of the labour component applies directly to the injectors.

RCKIWI
2nd October 2013, 10:37 AM
I pick up my Dawes this afternoon, then it's off to the mechanics to have NADS fitted.........yeeeewwwww!!!!