PDA

View Full Version : My day....

Country_GU
29th August 2013, 08:10 AM
Hey all,
Yesterday was a bugger of a day, tyre blew the tread off and took out the LR bumper on the way through, stop to change tyre, no jack! Who sells a car with no fkng jack!!!???? So wait for dad for 30 mins to come with a jack and wheel spanner, meanwhile 20 cars drive past and no one stops to help :/ limp car home with replacement tyre to find my turbo timer has had a spaz attack and stayed on even when the car was off. Unhooked the ground and it stayed on? Unplugged it from the steering column and now it works fine.

Has anyone else experienced this with a boggard turbo timer?

/rant

TPC
29th August 2013, 08:37 AM
If it is a turbo timer with an automotive relay the relay contacts could have shorted and changing the relay could fix it.

I had a previous 4wd from a car yard that came without a jack, was not impressed when I needed it, fortunately for me I had a friend with me so could borrow his.
I take it you have retreads, if so I would suggest getting rid of them as soon as money permits.

GQ TANK
29th August 2013, 11:47 PM
In vic a jack is a road worthy item - althought the handle isant

mudnut
29th August 2013, 11:51 PM
Not having a jack is a pain, but finding that the jack provided, doesn't fit is worse.

Clunk
30th August 2013, 12:01 AM
Yep definitely a pain, not happened to me yet as I've always made sure the car I was buying had a jack, and if it didn't, I would insist on them getting one........ I did however once purchase a car, get a flat a few weeks later, go and grab the wheel brace and the bugger was to small for the wheel nuts. Joined the RAC right there and then. That was the most expensive wheel brace I ever bought lol.