PDA

View Full Version : gq lwb bumpy...

huardlc
28th August 2013, 01:46 PM
hi guys. have a tb42e that im rebuilding. the car is in fairly good nick -1992-but i have a minor problem. have replaced all trailing radius arm bushes, no play in bearings, new shokies and springs..but i can still feel all the vibrations on the road...
was wondering what i missed...gearbox mount dead transmitting vibes thru chassis, chassis mounts too hard tyres that hardened ?.
if somebody went thru the same symptoms, please give me your feedback.
thanks for reading guys help appreciated laza:icon_bonk:

threedogs
28th August 2013, 01:50 PM
Hi mate really should pop over to intro before posting questions just something the forum asks of us all.
as for your 4x4 have you checked tyre pressures?

Clunk
28th August 2013, 02:09 PM
when you say vibrations, what exactly do you mean........ does your steering wheel shake at all?

mattsgu
29th August 2013, 10:20 AM
What sort of vibrations? Are you talking about at a certain speed range, above a certain speed, during acceleration, during deceleration...?

huardlc
29th August 2013, 02:06 PM
the vibrations i feel would be close to having every bush very tight and rock hard. can feel every gravel on the road..i checked tyre pressure and its ok. i was just wondering now if its no just the tyres that have hardened as the car been sitting at a dealer in darwin for a while...cause every bush in the suspension arms are new.. and no play in bearings neither, that i would understand. in fact every time i have a shock on the road, it goes staright back to the driver seat...

huardlc
29th August 2013, 02:09 PM
dont know if hard body mounts would also generate that ?

BigRAWesty
29th August 2013, 02:48 PM
Hay mate. An intro always helps replies.
Just something we ask of New members

Bloodyaussie
29th August 2013, 03:14 PM
Welcome aboard mate................

Pezzer
30th August 2013, 09:20 AM
Have you fitted a lift kit and with new standard length shockies, no travel no absorbtion, sounds like restricted travel.

Clunk
30th August 2013, 09:29 AM
Possible that spring rates are for heavy loads. Has the gq hot a lift kit in it, are you able to tell the make of springs or make out part numbers?

huardlc
21st September 2013, 10:13 PM
springs are ok i guess. replaced them with standard king and no difference. i was just wondering if the tyres are not the culprit now ? i replaced a lot of bushes here and there and they were cracked or hard so i wonder if the tyres themselves havent hardenned so that they cant absorb a bit of the shocks on the road. i know that tuyres are in fact the first ''shocks absorbers'' in the car..just before the shockies themselves.. if the hard , shock pass on...