PDA

View Full Version : 02 gu III instrument cluster lights

Getafix
26th August 2013, 06:53 PM
Hi,

Started my patrol after work and the A/T oil temp, handbrake indicator and battery indicators refused to go off.

I find it funny that all three decide to come on at the exact same time - any guesses?

Will inspect each component over the week end but seems like an electrical glitch more than anything.

Just changed the oil, oil filter and air filter yesterday (15 w 40). Spoke to an engineer friend of mine who said that that grade is fine, any comments?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Adam

janderson
26th August 2013, 07:06 PM
I had instrument cluster lights come on/off for no reason. Turned out to be alternator. Check voltage at battery to see if its working.

Clunk
26th August 2013, 07:19 PM
from what Ive read on other threads, I'd also say your alternator. But maybe one of our more learned friends can confirm.

gaddy
26th August 2013, 07:20 PM
As above mine did the same when the alternator died

Steve

Getafix
26th August 2013, 07:32 PM
Thanks guys, will check the alternator sometime tomorrow or probably over the weekend.

Cheers

Adam

Getafix
30th August 2013, 11:23 AM
Checked the battery finally and was reading 11.3 when the engine was on with the heater and fans off.

That being said would replacing the regulator help fix this rather than the whole alternator? (Assuming it is a problem with the alternator and not something else)

Also, and please forgive the ignorance,
1. Is the 100amp fuse that the b+ is connected to, locked by a screw?

2. Would the 100 amp fuse also mean that the alternator has a 100 amp rating?

Thanks

Adam

gaddy
30th August 2013, 02:36 PM
Take your voltage from the alternator , not thr battery , I had mine rebuilt $300 , exchange was about the same price, good time to change all the belts , keep the old ones as spares

Steve