PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Sender / Pump compatibility

Anaurath
25th August 2013, 06:32 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a Fuel Sender / Pump unit to be mounted into a 1998 GU main petrol tank.

Just wondering if anyone could help me and let me know if there are any compatibilities among different Patrol models (MQ, GQ, GU and even diesel versions) for this part, or I have to point directly to another 1998 GU petrol?

Thanks in advance,

Anaurath
25th August 2013, 10:40 PM
Hi Guys,

Through the net I have seen some photos from a Diesel GQ main tank, which is identical to the GU one. The fuel sender, looks pretty identical, and even looks like the pump come fitted there.
Someone have had any experience using a fuel sender / pump coming from a Diesel GQ into a Petrol GU??

Thanks in advance,

Yendor
25th August 2013, 11:59 PM
Electric fuel pumps are different between EFI vehicles and carby vehicles. The carby fuel pumps run at a much lower pressure and have a lower flow rate.

So this only leaves the GQ TB42E and both the petrol GUs. All of these should mount in the tank without a problem and work the fuel gauge. You will just need to check that the fuel pump specs suits your vehicle.

If you are planing on running the sub tank transfer you will need the correct sender for your vehicle.

To the best of my knowledge no diesel model Patrol came out with an electric lift pump mounted in the tank. If it did the pressure would be to low anyway.

Anaurath
26th August 2013, 02:36 PM
If you are planing on running the sub tank transfer you will need the correct sender for your vehicle.

Hi Yendor first of all thanks for your reply.

What do you mean with the above sentence on your reply??

Do you mean when transferring from Aux tank to Main tank the pump located at the main tank is the one doing the job?

Best regards,