PDA

View Full Version : Seat upgrade

Pezzer
25th August 2013, 10:03 AM
Hi all, has anyone retro fitted the pajero suspension seat bases into their vehicle, I found these seats to give a much better ride especially in a swb (pajero).So now I have a set of these bases and want to fit them into the MAverick.

threedogs
25th August 2013, 10:07 AM
No idea on the Paj bases but I had The KAB suspension seat in a leaf 4x4 and hated it with a passion ,
HWY it was fantastic off road no good.
Go into the archives as plenty have retro fitted commodore seats with good results,
Just need some flat steel to fit seats I would think

MEGOMONSTER
25th August 2013, 10:09 AM
Just for everyone's amusement and before they ask me.
They're not quite Pajero seats but these are my custom bucket seat on original seat skeleton done by Alphaline at great expense but well worth it.

Stropp
25th August 2013, 10:20 AM
Mego that's not like you showin off those fantastic seats ;)

Pezzer
25th August 2013, 10:40 AM
Very nice seats.

Pezzer
25th August 2013, 10:42 AM
The Pajero seats can be locked so as to perform like normal seats in off road conditions.

SonOf
25th August 2013, 10:47 AM
They are great seats mego & I note they are in ALL the seat threads :-)

Drewboyaus
25th August 2013, 02:55 PM
Dunno about Paj seats mate but plenty of folks have added Commodore seats and are happy with them......I think I've heard people discussing XR6 seats too.

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

Clunk
25th August 2013, 03:11 PM
yeah Bigrig has put XR^ seats in his GQ with great success....... pretty sure he did an install write up on them.

Pezzer
25th August 2013, 05:38 PM
Replacement Seat Installations

tsAU-StandardIn Queensland did you know that when you fit a new seat to a truck that seat supposed to be the same as you have removed or it was optioned in that make and model of truck by the manufacturer. The only you can fit a non compliant seat is.

1 A queensland transport blue modification plate must be fitted and,

2 The seat and mountings must comply to Australian Design Rules

threedogs
25th August 2013, 05:59 PM
Would you think fitting PAJ seats would impede the performance of your Patrol in any shape or form, lol
Did you come across those bases or just want to fit for comfort??

Pezzer
25th August 2013, 09:01 PM
the wife suffers a lot from back issues.

taslucas
25th August 2013, 09:23 PM
Would you think fitting PAJ seats would impede the performance of your Patrol in any shape or form, lol
Did you come across those bases or just want to fit for comfort??

Hi all, has anyone retro fitted the pajero suspension seat bases into their vehicle, I found these seats to give a much better ride especially in a swb (pajero).So now I have a set of these bases and want to fit them into the MAverick.

Does this answer you Threedogs? lol

Pezzer
26th August 2013, 10:02 AM
These are the bases ISRI 5005 from a Pajero 89, I will look a a retro fit with pics over the following week if we sort the misfire out.

Drewboyaus
12th November 2013, 09:17 PM
I have bucket seats out of a falcon and wanted to know how hard it is to modify mounts etc

How about you drop in to the intro section and say hello.....
You'll get a much friendlier response from the other members.

BigRAWesty
12th November 2013, 09:30 PM
How about you drop in to the intro section and say hello.....
You'll get a much friendlier response from the other members.

To late man. To late.

Mongoose100
11th March 2014, 11:23 PM
I've been thinking about this for a while now too, has anyone managed to get these bases to fit?

Marmel
28th April 2014, 10:38 AM
WRX seats are almost a direct bolt in item, they tend to be much more supportive.

GQ TANK
29th April 2014, 10:18 PM
I fitted nf pajero seats to my old mk - and got rid of the MK patrol suspension seats.

Before you use then check the weight rating as mine where rated at around 100k max- i used to bottom out in the NF and MK with ther standard seats.

The other issue might be height related

BigRAWesty
30th April 2014, 08:08 AM
WRX seats are almost a direct bolt in item, they tend to be much more supportive.

Have you fitted them