PDA

View Full Version : Mag Dog Magnetic Engine Filtration System.

NP99
24th August 2013, 09:59 PM
http://www.roadrunneroffroad.com.au/Mag-Dog-Magnetic-Oil-Filter-Adapter-System-Nissan-GU-Patrol-TB45e.html

Any thoughts or comments on these fella's?

Cuppa
24th August 2013, 10:50 PM
Roadrunner are near to where I live & have a shopfront. Never dealt with them though.

Neodymium magnets are quite impressive compared to 'ordinary' magnets.

Whether this is worthwhile is difficult to tell. Folks here have some very long lasting motors without them, but if you fitted one & found it picked up a lot then I suppose it would be worthwhile, although might indicate that you had other problems requiring attention. A neodymium magnet securely attached to your sump plug might do just as much.

Cuppa

nissannewby
24th August 2013, 11:37 PM
Hmm is this not what the oil filter is for? I would rather have the material caught in filter medium than on a magnet. I think cuppas suggestion would prob be cheaper work the same.

nipagu7
25th August 2013, 11:22 AM
oil filters only filter down to about 10 microns at best , otherwise they would clog up to quickly . some oil gap clearances are only good for about 3-5 microns . some of the particles floating around in the oil are off hardend steel parts ( valve shims for example ) and if they are to small to get caught in the filter can keep circulating thru the system working like grinding paste , hence the need for regular oil changes . if the magnets can stop this from happening I think this would be a good thing . some magnets I have seen in the past have crumbeled in the motor or gear box but these neodymium magnets are much better I think .

oncedisturbed
25th August 2013, 10:54 PM
I ordered a heavy duty drag link with adjustable tie rods from these guys and it's a good bit of kit and the guys there are quick to respond to email etc

no idea on the magnet