PDA

View Full Version : Wierd stuff ( well..it IS electrical) cruise control and interior lights

Lance55
22nd August 2013, 11:36 PM
Hi team, I am new here and have a mystery dimemma with my manual 98 GU 4500.
Cruise control power light comes on- dash light does not- no cruise control....but strangely enough my interior lights auto is not working either, but will turn on if you turn on manually.
I have had a mechanic have a look at the actual cruise control itself, and it is working, (bench testedit) clearly he didnt fix it, just said "Maybe a microswitch" Whilst all this was going on the taillights also went on the blink AND he was fiddling with my trailer lights socket(but now the taillights work,) and....drumroll...he did some adjustments on the clutch to take up slack in the clutch pedal.
All this seemed to happen at once, so I cant help thinking there is a relationship between the lights, cruise control, and the clutch pedal---wierd sh#t.
My Manual is next to useless as far as the cruise control wiring, but I bet someone out there has a solution.....just heading off on 6000k next week and dreading not having the cruise working.

lhurley
23rd August 2013, 12:11 AM
There is a connection between the brake lights and cruise control. The cruise turns off when the brake is pressed with a similar button thing for turning the brake lights on. If the clutch has something similar, i doubt it but not 100% as mine is auto.

If i were you, i would check the push buttons for the brake lights/cruise control, as well as the door ones. They can get quite dusty and not work properly, fortunately they are really cheap to replace, but also easy to pull apart and give a clean. It also cant hurt to replace/check all your fuses.

04OFF
23rd August 2013, 08:20 AM
As above, you will most likley have 2 switches above your brake pedal, the blue one should be for brake lights, the brown one for cruise control.

Then as mentioned above, you will also have a switch on the clutch pedal.

These switches are a great place to start, its easy to test them with a multimeter without removing them from the car, and go from there.

Yendor
25th August 2013, 12:03 PM
As per above, start by inspecting the switch on the clutch petal, it may have been dislodged.

Also check that your stop lights are working.........have you just replaced the stop light bulbs with LEDs?ust replaced the stop light bulbs with LEDs?