PDA

View Full Version : Autometer sport comp gauges

Country_GU
18th August 2013, 09:32 AM
People of the forum!!!!

I'm looking at buying "real" gauges as the saas ones at supercrap don't offer an egt gauge, nor do they dim at night (hekkas bright) so I've been looking into the autometer sport comp 52mm gauges, gonna get a boost and egt gauge with black face. My question is though, do they light up the poxy way other autometer gauges do where the whole face lights up, or do just the numbers light up like the VDO gauges. The only reason I ask is I'm anal about stuff matching on my dash, always have been, always will. So yeah, if I put them in will they light up like my dash cluster or will they look different? Any pics people can show me of them at night would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers in advance

threedogs
18th August 2013, 09:41 AM
You can buy rubber tits to go over the small led light if you need to change colour.
the globe is behind the facia plate.
Was reading yesterday that the boost gauge should be oil filled to stop fluttering.
Mego and Mudski have night shots I think
You can see on lower gauge where light shines from

04OFF
18th August 2013, 10:38 AM
They look pretty trick 3D !

Lewy
18th August 2013, 11:21 AM
I changed mine to LEDs and they look really nice! Will put picks up in 5...

Lewy
18th August 2013, 11:25 AM
Pics of the gauges!!

threedogs
18th August 2013, 11:39 AM
@ lewy easy to read at night, as that's the point of having them..
Think Mudski went down the blue road as well. If anyone has digital can the tell me if they "flicker"
or hold the reading well.

Lewy
18th August 2013, 11:42 AM
Think Mudski went down the blue road as well. If anyone has digital can the tell me if they "flicker"

I fined it very easy to read at night and my instrument panel is way better at night for me! Also I have it all running through the dimmer!

Lewy

kevin07
18th August 2013, 11:44 AM
You can buy rubber tits to go over the small led light if you need to change colour.
Was reading yesterday that the boost gauge should be oil filled to stop fluttering.

when you buy them they will come with a set of red and green covers for the light

meh
18th August 2013, 12:12 PM

On idle it flickers between 0-1 otherwise no flicker, easy to see in the day and not too bright at night,
Can be either always blue or always red, blue in day turn red with lights or red in day with blue at night

boots
18th August 2013, 12:21 PM
If you want the same look as the original dash get VDO gauges not autometer .

scott.a.green
11th September 2013, 10:44 PM
The Autometer "Cobalt" series only lights up the numbers, not the whole face. And they're not that bright at night either.

Tonks
12th September 2013, 08:32 AM
3D is your pliiar pod a 4x4 concepts one
Cheers Tonks